Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
I expect if there is any element of central government funding to assist the BBC then it won’t be off to Scotland :D

I expect if there is any element of central government funding to assist the BBC then it won’t be off to Scotland :D
Dunno, getting to say that Glasgow is in The United Kingdom a lot might be on their mind.

AndyBurnhamPhone2110a.jpg

Oh so NOW everybody cares. Where were these people and municipalities when we were trying to convince the world that it wasn’t all political and Lucie did deserve better than 15th

Give it to whichever city can convince the highest profile singer to be the UK representative for next year.

I stayed in a lovely hotel in Leeds a few years back. What a nice town.

Just put the no effort delegations in tents on the moors and have them reflect on why they are there.

Yeah 13,000 in Leeds First Direct would be on the smaller side but certainly do-able!

I've seen Diana Ross, Celine and Cher there so we're certainly capable of hosting a world class event :disco:

That said I'd be surprised. We don't have the best transit system compared to the larger contenders (no Trams for example) and obviously Manchester has a number of clear advantages in terms of infrastructure, hotels, potential Euroclubs etc.

Graham and Jackie Bird to host, Sonja off of Alan Partridge in the green room. All bases covered!

Glasgow got COP26 and the last British Empire Games. Let someone else host a major international event.

As any sensible person would do, we should share things across the UK by reference to ITL1/NUTS regions population (applying D’Hondt - obviously). The North West is by far the biggest region next in line.

I’ll leave it to @Penelope to tell us where the subsequent Eurovisions are allocated to.

Last edited:
Yeah 13,000 in Leeds First Direct would be on the smaller side but certainly do-able!

I've seen Diana Ross, Celine and Cher there so we're certainly capable of hosting a world class event :disco:

That said I'd be surprised. We don't have the best transit system compared to the larger contenders (no Trams for example) and obviously Manchester has a number of clear advantages in terms of infrastructure, hotels, potential Euroclubs etc.
I am seeing Gladys Knight next week!

"Good evening Europe! I have difficult question for you... is Blackpool Ukraine?"
:UncomfortableQuestion:

Reactions: D5K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom