Eurovision 2023: THE FINAL (20.00 BCT)

Can Rinal sing well live? I'd be curious to see her have a crack next year but her Strictly performance didn't inspire much confidence. Then again maybe she was having an "off day" (the same way Mae had an entire "off month" :eyes:).

These seem to be missing from website. France has 49 on website, but tv programme said 50.

Someone did the maths on Twitter from those scores to figure the International ROW results:

rstw.png

Had it been up to solely the International ROW votes:
- Latvia and Malta would've qualified instead of Switzerland and Norway in Semi-Final 1 (although they proceeded to award Norway points in the Final :D)
- Iceland and Georgia would've qualified instead of Poland and Cyprus in Semi-Final 2

Probably for the best their votes counted only as one set :argh:

Käärijä’s 376 televotes is the same number as Salvador got in 2017. Only Kalush received more.

Last edited:
Thrilled for Loreen and thought the mood in the hall at the end soured what has otherwise been a brilliant contest. Cha Cha Cha is a pretty dumb song - also he didn’t look like he took it all that gracefully at the end.

Why was Italy getting booed whenever it got 12?

Blanka’s 81 (count em) televotes warmed my heart ❤️
Absolutely this. A bit disappointed at the muted response they gave Loreen after she won.
Yeah, I wouldn't have had an issue by and large but being so overtly 'my way or the highway' partisan in the hall over one of the only two likely winners this last week winning feels really off.

Reactions: LTZ
I loved both Sweden and Finland but Finland seemed to lose its charm after repeated performances, the song is great when watched / listened to for the first time but difficult to listen to repeatedly. I did get a little tired of his schtick in the end too .. but what a night! Loreen was incredible every single time, I’m pleased she won in the end, especially after the bullying in the arena during the voting yesterday

The pro Finland behaviour in the arena was crass, and is exactly what you should expect if you give the show to LIVERPOOL

Clearly not if no public vote gave her 12 points

I must admit this rattled me, and seeing just HOW MANY 12s Finland got did make me think they were unlucky.

It's difficult because I do think Loreen deserved it so it suits me personally (and I do think her Televote would have been even higher - which she still came 2nd in - had she been later in the draw) but I can understand the annoyance, albeit the attitude in the arena made me lose all sympathy.

The juries need TINKERING with, but let's face it, even if it was solely public vote everyone would still find something to whine about every other year when they don't get the winner they want :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom