Eurovision 2023: THE FINAL (20.00 BCT)

Clearly not the most representative of the UK vote in the end whatsoever, but it was Switzerland, Finland and Australia who got the stronger reactions amongst the cinema crowd I was watching with.

Biggest cheers went to the poor Albanian brother's ad-libs.

The response to poor brave Mae was muted mumbling.

I think probably by default being the first "heartfelt ballad" of the night. I imagine a different running order would have seen Estonia or Italy get the reaction instead.

Also where did Norway come from, storming up the table with all those votes. Didn't they come about 6th in their semi?

Truly the POWER of the running order

I suppose in fairness about half of the songs above her were in the same semi.

This is why I don't feel bad about Loreen winning because had she been on later I suspect she could have had another 50 points on the televote at least

I loved both Sweden and Finland but Finland seemed to lose its charm after repeated performances, the song is great when watched / listened to for the first time but difficult to listen to repeatedly. I did get a little tired of his schtick in the end too .. but what a night! Loreen was incredible every single time, I’m pleased she won in the end, especially after the bullying in the arena during the voting yesterday
I understand that it is about the whole package but Finland absolutely relies on the stage show. I rarely found myself listening to the show (indeed - when it came on shuffle I often found myself skipping over to YouTube to watch the UMK performance). That said, I was genuinely happy with either Sweden or Finland winning.

My only concern at this point is just around what this does to Loreen’s Eurovision legacy. While you could argue that breaking multiple records only cements her legacy, the response to her win from some offers another side to the coin. She has been beloved and essentially queen of Eurovision since Euphoria, which is widely accepted as one of the best songs that the contest has ever provided by fans and casuals alike. She is now on the receiving end of a backlash from a lot of those people - it makes me sad to think that the “Euphoria is one of the best Eurovision songs of all time…” may now add a “…but Tattoo didn’t deserve to win / Finland were robbed” on the end of it. Would hate for the win to do her more harm than good in the long run.

Also, frankly, it's not as if she seemed to have much planned career-wise for the future otherwise anyway before Tattoo :basil:

I see Käärijä as this generation’s Verka Seduchka essentially. A fan favourite that absolutely didn’t need to win to become a Eurovision legend. I’ve no doubt we’ll be seeing a lot more of him in future if he wants to do it and the green puffa bolero is going to join the mirrorball Christmas tree star hats at any Eurovision-related event for years and years to come…

Also, unlike Verka, he strikes me as enough of an artist as to be capable of coming back for a second bash - and actually having the potential to make lightning in a bottle strike twice too - if he really wanted to. But I suspect deep down he's just a nice lovely boy who isn't actually that hungry for it once the emotion of the night's passed when it comes down to it.

Also, frankly, it's not as if she seemed to have much planned career-wise for the future otherwise anyway before Tattoo :basil:
Oh darling we ALL know she only works when she feels like it :disco:

And what's the betting that she once again fails to bother to capitalise on winning the Eurosong? The next we'll hear from her will be in Winter 2024 and it'll be yet another harrowing and slightly-too-much-for-the-masses emotionfest in G minor :disco::disco::disco:

Also, unlike Verka, he strikes me as enough of an artist as to be capable of coming back for a second bash - and actually having the potential to make lightning in a bottle strike twice too - if he really wanted to. But I suspect deep down he's just a nice lovely boy who isn't actually that hungry for it once the emotion of the night's passed when it comes down to it.
THIS EXACTLY

Or WAS lovely until fame turned him :(

You’re getting this all wrong. I’ve heard that his reaction wasn’t because of the contest but that someone had just told him that the New Brighton sauna closed at midnight.
He's already got his very own SAUNA BUS

DO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION

:D
xef2QuN.png

• Haha
Reactions: Zu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom