Eurovision Hot 100 FINAL - CLOSED! RESULTS SHOWS NEXT WEDS AND FRI

Status
Not open for further replies.
A moment please, for the ones we lost.

Fun Rip GIF by Barstool Sports

Last edited:
(I've got a confession - I haven't even started thinking about scoring these yet)

Oh god I’m not for a MOMENT suggesting people shouldn’t vote with XXs just to be clear! I just don’t think the songs should be punished for it.

HOWEVER it’s not my game and the reasons the host has given for the scoring are totally valid.

I will not allow Eurovision super fans to take over! This is for everyone!

Besides votes are private, I won't reveal any of them, so it doesn't really need to be a discussion!

I will not allow Eurovision super fans to take over! This is for everyone!

But if you’re doing totals then the winner will just be the most known.

I wouldn’t vote on an Iron Maiden singles rate just because I’d heard two songs.

Also averages favour songs loved by the super dedicated fans and kinda puts the less knowledgeable fans into second place.
What’s wrong with this??

Knowledge should not be punished!

I want more votes. I want it to be more representative. No one is being punished. I assure you, the more votes we get, the less the detriments of lack of knowledge will show up!

Last edited:
I haven't checked the averages yet, but I will do considering it's become an issue. I very much doubt we'll see a significant difference. It's a good list as it is.

How about we divide each song's total score by the square of the standard deviation of the points and then multiply by the average?

The next step would be to add the geometric mean of the median and modal scores, and then finally subtract 100% if the song is from Portugal.

I'm going to stick up for @Ag's process here. If we're looking for Moopy's favourite Eurovision tracks, then total rather than average makes more sense. If most of moopy don't know one, then it shouldn't be particularly high on the list.

The only thing I'd consider, is making XX 5 points rather than zero. Assume unknown songs are mediocre rather than the (comparable) worst.

I'm going to stick up for @Ag's process here. If we're looking for Moopy's favourite Eurovision tracks, then total rather than average makes more sense. If most of moopy don't know one, then it shouldn't be particularly high on the list.
That makes sense if most people don't vote for most of the songs, I don't know if that's the case.

I haven't checked the averages yet, but I will do considering it's become an issue. I very much doubt we'll see a significant difference. It's a good list as it is.
You can always do totals (your game, your rules) and then show us averages after the results, so everyone's happy.

12 - Crispy M&Ms
10 - tits
08 - Nish Kumar
07 - Sharpies
06 - the new photocopiers in our office
05 - the "👾" emoji
04 - Roger Daltrey's scrotum
03 - my most recent Jury Citation
02 - hamsters
01 - campaign leaflets from parties who don't have a fucking chance

There are now 12 songs on over 100 points.

The last place song has had its first decent score.

There's a song that has skyrocketed from about no.90 into the top 10 over the last 3 votes.

Blimey, I must have been really quite drunk on Saturday...I don't remember posting that. Quite pleased with it tho'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom