Eurovision Hot 100 FINAL - CLOSED! RESULTS SHOWS NEXT WEDS AND FRI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a NEW LAST PLACE.

69 songs now on 100 or more. There are now song(s) on 200+ points.

The top 10/20 keeps swapping around, but there is definitely an order beginning to take shape, presuming there is not a rush of OFFBEAT votes.

Are the joint positions starting to sort themselves out?
YES! There are no joint positions at present until 20th place. I'm going to separate them Eurovision style, by giving priority to those with the most top marks etc. There are virtually no more than 3 or 4 songs sharing a placing, so that's vastly improved.

Naturally, it's getting harder and harder to just bounce in the top 10. The song in 13th place, could get 25 points and move to second, presuming nothing above it score anything. Songs were moving from 60th to top 10, just a few votes a go.

I have finished my first pass through, scoring everything out of 100 initially.

I did however give 7 songs 100 points so there needs to be finessing before I hand out their actual scores.

I have finished my first pass through, scoring everything out of 100 initially.

I did however give 7 songs 100 points so there needs to be finessing before I hand out their actual scores.
Sounds complex. Please send the results in the order they're presented in the first post! :)

Last edited:
Now on 15 sets of votes. Much better!

Well over 100 songs now on over 100 points.

FLOODING in at the moment.

giphy.gif

For each day people fail to vote one female banger will fail to qualify in a few weeks.

15 votes is quite good given the mammoth task that it is, and surely you'll get a few more votes close to the deadline.

15 votes is quite good given the mammoth task that it is, and surely you'll get a few more votes close to the deadline.
Yeah I've had a few promises of votes. I've found pushing it REALLY BORING, especially as I'm aware that's a fair bit of work. That said I also expect people want their say.

OK so I'm browsing through some of my unknowns, many of them unknown for a REASON it seems

But I've just reached the total fever dream of Bardo's choreo :D *twerks partner dead in the eyes*

This from the 1983 contest wiki page:

"The language problems also occurred during the contest introductions, as Charell introduced the Finnish singer Ami Aspelund as "Ami Aspesund", furthermore she introduced the Norwegian conductor Sigurd Jansen as "...Johannes...Skorgan...",[3] having been forced to make up a name on the spot after forgetting the conductor's name. " :D!

I really am expecting huge things for Joy Fleming in the final ranking. I just can't begin to imagine how anyone could listen to it and rate it below a ten.

See also: Mall.

As you can see, we now have our 16th vote!

What can I say at this stage... there's a 25 point gap between 2nd and 9th place, so it's still very much all to play for in the top 10.

I plan on taking a deep dive into this at the weekend, possibly starting tonight, but first a really dumb question @Ag:

The additional scores of 11 up to 25 etc - do we do these as a separate list, or part of the main list? So for example (made up scores by the way):

06 Domenico Modugno - Nel blu, depinto di blu - Italy 1958
25 Grethe and Jørgen Ingmann - Dansevise - Denmark 1963
09 France Gall - Poupée de cire, poupée de son - Luxembourg 1965

...is that right? Otherwise we'd all be giving 10s to our 11-25s as well, so I'm assuming the extra points are instead of a 10?

I plan on taking a deep dive into this at the weekend, possibly starting tonight, but first a really dumb question @Ag:

The additional scores of 11 up to 25 etc - do we do these as a separate list, or part of the main list? So for example (made up scores by the way):

06 Domenico Modugno - Nel blu, depinto di blu - Italy 1958
25 Grethe and Jørgen Ingmann - Dansevise - Denmark 1963
09 France Gall - Poupée de cire, poupée de son - Luxembourg 1965

...is that right? Otherwise we'd all be giving 10s to our 11-25s as well, so I'm assuming the extra points are instead of a 10?
The extra points are instead of 10s. Putting them in as part of the main list was how I did it, and I’ve not been told I was wrong, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom