Eurovision Rehearsals 2022

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
Rehearsals kick off on the weekend with the first batch of contestants kicking things off on Saturday. The first rehearsals are all but closed however, with the Eurovision TikTok account (:gross:) being the only source of content. At least it gives the artists a bit more privacy.

Schedule
Sat 30th Apr - First rehearsals of the countries in the first half of the first semi-final.
Sun 1st May - First rehearsals of the countries in the second half of the first semi-final.
Mon 2nd May - First rehearsals of the countries in the first half of the second semi-final.
Tue 3rd May - First rehearsals of the countries in the second half of the second semi-final.

Wed 4th May - Second rehearsals of the countries in the first semi-final.
Thu 5th May - Second rehearsals of the remaining countries in the first semi-final, countries in the first half of the second semi-final. First rehearsals of the big five.
Fri 6th May - Second rehearsals for the remaining countries in second-semi final.
Sat 7th May - Second rehearsals of the big five.
Sun 8th May - Opening ceremony.

Good luck :bruised:

Live blog: https://eurovision.tv/live-blog-saturday-30-april

Last edited:
Albania
This performance has incredible drama and impact, and she looks amazing in a sparkly bikini with black boots and pink hair. Four bare-chested (male) backing dancers and one very gymnastic female are providing backing support.

No fireworks for Albania, but they do have LOTS of steam jets.

Latvia
Citi Zēni are on stage in their brightly coloured suits – like kids TV presenters, but make it fashion. Even the guy in yellow on drums looks stylish, and that’s a tough look to carry off.

They graphic backdrop is heavily fruit-based, and we are in no doubt that being green is both hot AND cool.

Sound aside, as a visual spectacle this performance looks AMAZING on a big stage.

(It’s nice to be getting reports, but they have to be impartial as it’s through the official Eurovision website, so we’re not going to be getting any ‘lol this is shit last in the semi‘ comments until next week).

Have they finished the stage yet or is Ronela in hard hat and high vis?

Reactions: COB
(It’s nice to be getting reports, but they have to be impartial as it’s through the official Eurovision website, so we’re not going to be getting any ‘lol this is shit last in the semi‘ comments until next week).
So this week we only get the official narrative, and possibly some official clips on the Tick Tock?

Switzerland is just Marius on stage by himself, dressed in black with one spotlight on him. I feel like it really could go one way or the other (though I’m *really* hoping for a NQ).

Lithuania have turned up and most of their staging plans have had to be reworked (presumably due to that sun thing breaking) :D:(

From one of the Rai twitter accounts:

“Problems with the stage of # Eurovision2022: the arches that make up the sun will not be able to move in their entirety, but will only be able to do so in a reduced way, due to a motorization failure. Time is too tight to fix it entirely”

I know it's tiny but could someone please edit the thread title to add the word Eurovision in there? It'll make it pop out much more in the "New posts" list (or at least help others to steer well clear).

LaRepubblica, one of the big Italian newspapers, reports that some delegations had spent up to 30,000 euros(!) to use the the LED wall/sun so it’s unlikely to go down well.

LaRepubblica, one of the big Italian newspapers, reports that some delegations had spent up to 30,000 euros(!) to use the the LED wall/sun so it’s unlikely to go down well.
wtf?! I can understand paying for props or mega complex stuff, but they're trying to rent out the screen they've already built?

wtf?! I can understand paying for props or mega complex stuff, but they're trying to rent out the screen they've already built?
Presumably they had paid to have graphics made specifically for the moving sun.

Switzerland is just Marius on stage by himself, dressed in black with one spotlight on him. I feel like it really could go one way or the other (though I’m *really* hoping for a NQ).

Lithuania have turned up and most of their staging plans have had to be reworked (presumably due to that sun thing breaking) :D:(
I hope such boring, colourless staging doesn't dim the effervescence of that bubbly pop banger.

Slovenia bring a giant disco ball..
51A5D9A5-2CD5-477D-85F1-BFD05130E346.jpeg

I think Sam Ryder should use Grace and Frankie’s Rise Up toilet in his performance

Sounds like she’s singing it in a higher key. Also :D:disco: at the POST-REHEARSAL INTERVIEW

Is any of this on YouTube? I never see Tik Toks on here.
There was some weird deal between TikTok and the EBU where all the first rehearsal content would be posted on TikTok only.

They’re doing some behind the scenes stuff during the live shows as well.

Today’s rehearsals have already kicked off…

Portugal
Portugal are performing on the B stage right in front of the Green Room, singing in a circle formation that really fits the intimate, dreamlike style of the song. The graphic backdrop adds some swirly colour, and It’s a simple, beautiful performance (:disco:)

E5E22C43-4310-4F90-A12A-72032CE6DA9A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom