Eurovision Rewatch: Birmingham 1998 - 20.00 GMT tonight (25/3)

And 7 weeks later the single came out and reached No.11 in the UK :(

Did she appear on TOTP? I have seen her live THREE TIMES NOW. Which is a lot for me.

How many other Israeli chart acts are there? The other Eurovision winners, Ofra Haza, Esther and Abi Ofarim. Any others?

Were there two Diva CD singles? My memory is telling me the same cover, but one with a pink background and another blue...

OT: I put the word 'Diva' in the wrong search field on Polyhex, and discovered a pair of Norwegian blonde (twins?) charted in 1995 with a cover of a-Ha's "The Sun Always Shines On TV"

Pretty certain Dana was for me and many other people around my age the first time the concept of trans identity drifted (or rather STRUTTED) into our awareness.

Pretty certain Dana was for me and many other people around my age the first time the concept of trans identity drifted (or rather STRUTTED) into our awareness.
Absolutely. The concept that a trans woman could not only be that beautiful, but be on my TV was BRAND NEW. She really did break ground. I think this was the moment the gays began to truly claim the show.

OT: I put the word 'Diva' in the wrong search field on Polyhex, and discovered a pair of Norwegian blonde (twins?) charted in 1995 with a cover of a-Ha's "The Sun Always Shines On TV"

LIVING for how off topic this is.

This is probably my favourite song of all time, and honestly, it’s so timeless even these sluts do a decent job of it!

LIVING for how off topic this is.

This is probably my favourite song of all time, and honestly, it’s so timeless even these sluts do a decent job of it!

I'm now stuck watching "Sun Always Shines.." covers on YouTube. I've found a good one from Didrik Soli Tangen, and an awful Belgian dance version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom