Eurovision Rewatch: Birmingham 1998 - 20.00 GMT tonight (25/3)

Can I give a big round of applause for Pen who has liked my comments all night even before I had a chance to adjust the frequent typos. What a HUN.

Can I give a big round of applause for Pen who has liked my comments all night even before I had a chance to adjust the frequent typos. What a HUN.
Oh don't. It's been NOTIFICATION STATIONS OVER HERE! She's as easy our Ulrika!

Those end results really are astonishing. What a devastatingly fat slap for poor old Malta :D It feels like legend would have you believe Dana won by some kind of Rybak landslide. Shocking to think the comparative drivel (and I like Imaani, but relative to "Diva"...) that could have sneaked it at the end.

Still stunned at how cheap and dated everything was. Yes it was the 90s but if someone had told you it was Eurovision 1979 I don't think it'd be THAT hard to believe.

Dana's stamp is surely bigger than any other on Eurovision. A trans woman, who looked fucking amazing, from ISRAEL, with a tits on the ceiling gay banger? That WINS?! It feels like she opened the floodgates for all sorts of possibilities and not long after the contest gradually became a lot more showy and theatrical and musically varied. Not all Dana influenced I'm sure but let's just confirm it was :disco:

For someone who knows virtually nothing before the 2010s apart from a few winners, I too thought Dana won by sort of landslide!

I feel so grateful for what we have today after that. Big flashy stage show productions, LED screens, ridiculously ill-placed props to distract us from terrible songs, slatternly "dancing" to distract from every note being off key...I wouldn't swap today's version for anything!

Oh the GLAMOUR OF Brum.
I remember NOTHING OF THIS YEAR.
It’s bizarre hearing Terry speak French

I assumed it was a runaway victory for Dana. Dana my third favourite, bloody loved Netherlands but Imaani was fabulous and my favourite

Oh thank HEAVENS Dawn Martin stayed top ten :disco:

EXm4hWPXQAINUAR

Seems quite timely given that everyone’s about to watch it again FOR WHATEVER PECULIAR REASON :side-eye:

Well if you don't like it SOD OFF and eat you're tin of PEPPA PIG PASTA SHAPES whilst flicking through HAIRY SHOULDERS DIGEST.

Reactions: COB
Actually one reason I’ve sidled away from the rewatches is that I always find myself believing that they might end differently AND THEY NEVER DO! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom