Frasier (reboot) ft. Rodney Trotter

So this starts filming tomorrow apparently! First episode directed by James Burrows (co-creator of Cheers) AND it's set in Boston, so I'm now expecting to get more Cheers references than Frasier ones.

So this starts filming tomorrow apparently! First episode directed by James Burrows (co-creator of Cheers) AND it's set in Boston, so I'm now expecting to get more Cheers references than Frasier ones.
Ooh. This doesn't seem so bad now.

I think it's quite cool how the character has ended up back at his old haunt.

Reactions: COB
Is Freddy's mother Lillith? There's no way she can't not appear.

Nicholas Lyndhurst is only in two episodes of the new season.

I couldn't see them recreating that set unless it was a major part of the show/in every episode, but you never know. I saw someone suggest an idea for an episode where Frasier is invited to a fancy restaurant, and realises it's located on the former site of Cheers; that could potentially be good fun.
Is Freddy's mother Lillith? There's no way she can't not appear.
They'd be insane not to have her show up at some point, for sure!

Bebe Neuwirth will likely make an appearance. I'd say of all the cast members (spanning Cheers and Frasier) she's the most likely and not just because the characters share a son.

I was going to say, it's sad that Rebecca was the only character from Cheers not to have crossed over into a spin-off and then I remembered she appeared in Wings. :(

Bebe Neuwirth will likely make an appearance. I'd say of all the cast members (spanning Cheers and Frasier) she's the most likely and not just because the characters share a son.
Also Lilith still lives in Boston.

Bebe just popped up on my FB timeline, seconds after reading the above post.

FB_IMG_1675455014179.jpg

Roz was my favourite character but I'm sorry gays all signs about this reboot spell DOOM. Happy to be proven WRONG.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNL
ButterTart your STRAIGHT is showing buddy.

Roz is a fag hag dream. She's funny, smart, puts Fraiser in his place all the time and is sex-positive.

The show only works because her and Martin bring balance to Niles and Fraiser's pomposity and intellectualism.

She's also INFINITELY QUOTABLE on a DAILY BASIS:

"Freaks! Freaks on line one, freaks on line two! FREAKS EVERYWHERE!"

"You have to be THIS TALL to get on this ride"

"She's MEAN and ARROGANT but not in a FUNNY WAY like you"

Etc etc

Roz is a fucking icon

"You told a sailor to come out of the closet and a GAY MAN to spend more time hanging around on the DOCKS"

I can't give Roz the title of my favourite character in a show that gave us Niles Crane, but she's utterly iconic.

'I don't spend my idle hours imagining how you live, but I did expect lots of beige. And look, I was right.'

I can't give Roz the title of my favourite character in a show that gave us Niles Crane, but she's utterly iconic.

'I don't spend my idle hours imagining how you love, but I did expect lots of beige. And look, I was right.'

One of my FAVES to quote back at people (slightly changing the colour to accommodate each occasion).

None of the KACL scenes would have worked without her and whenever she turned up at the apartment it was a highlight. Even when they turned her into a single mother it didn't dim her light.

Frasier primary character rank:

Niles
Roz
Frasier
Martin
Daphne

I suppose since the show is set back in Boston, we'll be getting lots of guest appearances from the Cheers family too.

None of the KACL scenes would have worked without her and whenever she turned up at the apartment it was a highlight. Even when they turned her into a single mother it didn't dim her light.

Frasier primary character rank:

Niles
Roz
Frasier
Martin
Daphne
I agree with the top two. The bottom three can change according to season, episode and my mood.

It’s probably been answered already but are ANY of the original cast in this?

It’s probably been answered already but are ANY of the original cast in this?
Essentially NO

In addition to Grammer, this Frasier stars Jack Cutmore-Scott as Frasier's son Freddy; Nicholas Lyndhurst as Frasier's old college buddy-turned-university professor Alan; Toks Olagundoye as Olivia, Alan's colleague and head of the university's psychology department; Jess Salgueiro as Freddy's roommate Eve; and Anders Keith as Frasier's nephew David.

But hopefully there will also be some familiar faces popping in, sitcom-style.

He'll be old enough for Harvard which is convenient for the setting I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom