Frozen 2

Tell the guards to open up the GAAAAATES

• Total voters
I wanted to be able say that it doesn’t look like the old straight-to-VHS Disney sequels...but it does.

I’m sure it’ll be very good - they won’t fuck this up. But nothing about that screams “this is exactly what I wanted to see them do next”.

I think the animation looks amazing but I’m still not over Olaf’s fucking adventure.

The story is going to have to be brilliant otherwise it'll just be "Elsa turns things to ice and everything is OK in the end".

Thank the LORD my days of traipsing to the cinema to watch any newly released animation are OVER.

Isn't that exactly what they expected the first one to be though? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

It was more that the movie was caught up in a really bad marketing gimmick after being stuck in development hell for years; Disney lost confidence in "princess movies" after The Princess and the Frog and started trying to market them in a more gender-neutral way - hence Rapunzel being rebranded as Tangled.

The original Frozen movie teaser makes it look like a really naff, twee animation akin to Ice Age, so I think once it finally came out, people were just a bit PUZZLED.

Official trailer that's shorter than the teaser :square:

Oh that looks a bit boring. And where’s that fab song from the teaser trailer gone? AKA the only reason I will watch this.

Here's bits of Elsa's big song it seems and it's another one Idina can't pull off live

:D

I saw her live a few years ago and she pulled off Let It Go very well. It’s a bitch of a song though. All these swoopy high notes are a HORROR.

I can’t say I’m much looking forward to this sequel. I don’t think the original was really all that good at all.

And is now classed as a Xmas film when it takes place in the middle of summer.

:D

Tell it like it is JIVA

I’m going to watch it again tonight to see if it’s as bad as I remember

I think the original is GREAT but this isn't doing much for me so far

I’m going to watch it again tonight to see if it’s as bad as I remember

Omg your life
Are you just seeking out things to dislike to stay on the posters chart? Is this a cry for help?

Why don’t you go watch something you want to see? Talk about inner saboteur

Err, what?

it’s a huge cultural thing, it’s got a sequel coming out and 100 minutes out of an evening really isn’t much bother

I think the original is GREAT but this isn't doing much for me so far

I’ve also felt distinctly underwhelmed (and this new song sounds like it’s trying to be something it clearly isn’t).

I don’t think we can even begin to hope that the marketing this time will be as misleading as it was for the first movie.

The new song sounds like a vocal exercise.

Err, what?

it’s a huge cultural thing, it’s got a sequel coming out and 100 minutes out of an evening really isn’t much bother

I was laying it on thick for effect :disco:

I can’t understand why you’d see something you know you’ll dislike again. And I can’t quite get how other people can hate it without seeing it!

Oh well, welcome to the internet I suppose

What’s the matter Didds is this your favourite film or something?

My neighbours will not appreciate that new song

I can totally see how you could look at the lunchboxes and pencil cases and all that stuff and go WELL THAT SEEMS SHIT

It isn't though

I think Frozen is great.

But context was definitely a huge factor. It came at the PERFECT time for Disney. Tangled was good, but something still felt a bit off.

Just seen it. The rest of the audience seemed to enjoy it a lot, but it was very derivative of the first which was expected. None of the songs are all that memorable, apart from some 80s style soft rock ballad for Kristoff. It is however visually stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom