Germany 2023: Lord of the Lost - Blood & Glitter

Tisch

Spare potatoes

Everyone's favourite nation's National Final to be held on 3rd March. @Soldi pop it in the calendar will you love?

One act will be chosen directly from Tik Tok. 🥴 Votes for that open end of this month.

samanta-tina-samanta.gif

From Tik Tok?

They used a Tik Tok boy before and he flopped HARD

I presumed it meant it would be voted for via TikTok? (But I don’t know how these things work, so I might be talking nonsense)

Yeah, at least the fans will choose only one of the acts for the pre-selection via TikTok. It's not a complete TikTok-Show.

Still, this fills me with as much hope as every recent iteration of a Tory government.

At this point 'TikTok' isn't a gimmick, it's just where social media virality is AT these days. Saying someone is big on TikTok is really just another way of saying they're already popular to some degree (and tbh, Jendrick wasn't really THAT big on TikTok, so it was overselling him a little). As we know already, having been a popular artist before is no guarantee either of Eurovision success. It's about how relevant and recent the success is that's probably a far better metric than whether they're 'from' there or not. (and, as always, whether what they're sending is ANY GOOD OR NOT)

Patty Gurdy has confirmed she submitted this for consideration. I hope it makes the lineup, love it!

First eight finalists confirmed

TRONG - Dare To Be Different
Will Church - Hold On
Lonely Spring - Misfit
Patty Gurdy - Melodies of Hope :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:
Lord of the Lost - Blood & Glitter
Frida Gold - Alle Frauen ir mir sind müde
Anica Russo - Once Upon a Dream
René Miller - Concrete Heart

Plus a 9th contestant from Tiktok TBC

SNIPPETS

UGH, they're obviously going to send Will Church, aren't they? :zombie:

A lot of people seem to be excited about Frida Gold being there, but her song is deeply, deeply boring.

Having listened in full I reckon it’s Blood & Glitter vs Hold On (vs whatever hell the TikTok wildcard inflicts).

Though of course I am 100% #PULLING4PATTY

Last edited:
Germany learning nothing then (Patty aside obvs :disco:).

• Care
Reactions: VoR
Blood & Glitter next to any recent German entry at all clashes so much. Which is to say they should absolutely send it :disco:

Patty's lovely too. Surprisingly good and varied selection, that pop-punk one, Lonely Misfit, is also very fun if a disastrous choice.

The average age of an ARD viewer is over 60. They’re not going to go for Lord of the Lost.

Pretty sure it will be Will Church or the TikTok wildcard. Of the others, Patty is amazing but the rest are mostly rubbish.

I’m absolutely delighted by a couple of these. Patty, Lord of the Lost and Lonely Spring would all make fine additions to this year’s contest.

The rest are, obviously, absolute shit.

The TikTok wildcard entries are out as well (the best playlist on Spotify has some gumpf at the end, much apologies)

This one appears to be killing it on the streams:

Not a bawp.

Last edited:
I’m going to sound SO FUCKING OLD, but the chart dominance of these songs that are literally just somebody DRONING over what appears to be the exact same beat for 2-3 minutes baffles me to my core. There’s so many of them and they’re all incredibly boring and sound EXACTLY THE SAME.

Oh God, is this what 70s disco gays felt like when SAW came in? :(

I’m going to sound SO FUCKING OLD, but the chart dominance of these songs that are literally just somebody DRONING over what appears to be the exact same beat for 2-3 minutes baffles me to my core. There’s so many of them and they’re all incredibly boring and sound EXACTLY THE SAME.

Not that I was a 70s disco gay - well, maybe slightly :disco: (edit: maybe ENTIRELY) - I would say NO. (Of course I would say this as a SAW loon.) So much modern pop music is fucking shite and more or less identical. Its function isn’t to excite, invigorate or distract - it’s created to be background dross which people get for what is basically free on evil Spotify. Or something to put behind (note deliberate use of behind) something about cats or pranks on some poxy TikTok video

Last edited:
(Of course I would say this as a SAW loon.) So much modern pop music is fucking shite and more or less identical. Its function isn’t to excite, invigorate or distract
:D

Soz but this has essentially ALWAYS been the case. It's just the mediums that changed.

As someone whose left buttock is Austrian and right buttock is German, I believe I will once again pledge support to the Austrian entry instead of claiming whatever horror this event selects.

#justice4piamaria

esc_lumix_100~_v-epg__large__16__9_-5412e775eb65789c908def5fa9fdf24a7b895a8f.jpg

I've seen a couple of German fans claim this needs to win because of its BRILLIANT LYRICS :eyes:

@Apoca please have a word.

Yeah, you’re not old. That genre exists so that talentless people can still have a career in music. Like Europop, except without any of the breezy relistenability.

Yeah, you’re not old. That genre exists so that talentless people can still have a career in music. Like Europop, except without any of the breezy relistenability.
Also AUTOTUNE (which is one of the reasons everything sounds so gratingly similar DE NOS JOURS - I simply cannot bear that metallic clang) means any old cunt can have a go

LEARN TO SING OR FUCK OFF

Or don't learn to sing and bring us something as special as this :disco:

NO SHAME IN IT! GAYS WANT IT!

I've seen a couple of German fans claim this needs to win because of its BRILLIANT LYRICS :eyes:

I could see this one getting an audience on the night. Spirit of Guildo, really.

10/10 feels like the same kind of mistake Germany made with Rockstars. They're welcome to it if they want to send it, but it's not the sort of thing that stands out enough for many people to actually stump up votes when the contest gets to the business end of things.

On the TikTok selections, this one wouldn't be unwelcome at all if they want to lean into providing the kind of thing Finland normally rustles up.

This one has won the TikTok wildcard round. Plus side - we're spared that droning 50/50 track. On the other hand, they'll probably end up sending this so that Europe can bask in its brilliantly witty lyrics. :side-eye:

This one has won the TikTok wildcard round. Plus side - we're spared that droning 50/50 track. On the other hand, they'll probably end up sending this so that Europe can bask in its brilliantly witty lyrics. :side-eye:

It got 52% of the vote in the TikTok selection and the final vote distributes the televote points by percentage so there’s a very good chance it’ll win :zombie:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom