Germany 2023: Lord of the Lost - Blood & Glitter

SuRie announcing the UK jury votes :disco:

Melodies of Hope is amazing in studio form but the tweet I just saw describing it as "KEiiNO with asthma" sums up the performance :(
I didn’t watch up until the voting and was annoyed at how low Patty was then saw this :D

I understand quite a lot of the DEUSTCH, which is surprising considering I got a D in my GCSE.

As much as I’d love to believe the new thread title surely courtesy of @VoR

This won…

Deustchland, null punkte :disco:

Nah this was honestly Germany's best shot at escaping the bottom 5.

I'm well on board.

The least worst option. Really hoping a lot of the other bands are knocked out at the semi-finals though.

Reactions: VoR
These big on tiktok people really do tend to be horribly exposed when they need to actually perform on a stage with people, don't they? :(

What a waste of a great song.

These big on tiktok people really do tend to be horribly exposed when they need to actually perform on a stage with people, don't they? :(
They tried but it turned out it just wasn't possible for Jendrik to be exposed any other way :(

Upon first hearinf..it has a couple of moments early on where I think "this could turn into something epic", but then i quickly revert back to "....nah."

Another bottom 5 for Deustchland i fear :(

It feels like a bad parody of Eurovision rock entries.

Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland

Which country is more hopeless at this point, Germany or Ireland?

samanta-tina-samanta.gif

:eyes:

I like it! It sets out to do what it needs to better than the Australian one and they seem charismatic enough to pick up a smattering of votes. With the right momentum this could be their best position since a few years (*straight in at 21st with a bullet :disco:)

Sounds like Patrick Wolf but with more scromiting.

It's quite bad but I'd rather have a bad song that stands out in the mix than another passable but forgettable one.

Reactions: COB
Upon first hearinf..it has a couple of moments early on where I think "this could turn into something epic", but then i quickly revert back to "....nah."

Another bottom 5 for Deustchland i fear :(
I agree, I don't hate it but I just wish it had a bit more oomph and went somewhere.

I like it! It sets out to do what it needs to better than the Australian one and they seem charismatic enough to pick up a smattering of votes. With the right momentum this could be their best position since a few years (*straight in at 21st with a bullet :disco:)
I don't think they qualify for bullet status.

One thing the Germans do have on the UK in our flop era is that they do tend to make their entries into local hits. Even last year’s dirge has clocked up 30m streams…

God this is fucking shit, not that the alternatives were much better but I’d do Ikke without the wig on. Laughably flimsy and stupid chorus and the singer looks appalling (the HAIR!) and, dare I say it, VERY OLD. In fact I spiralled into quite the temper when it won. Give us metal by all means but make it GOOD metal. Our lovely Käärijä had the very good sense to be inspired by Rammstein so why couldn’t they? I generously call SECOND FROM LAST :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom