Gladiators (2024)

I'd like Skytrak and Pendulum, but I guess they are costly and time consuming to set up.
Still perhaps going into the second series with the first having been a success, they may consider splashing out a little more?

Or more likely we'll get Pursuit, which always struck me as a little school sports day.

I'd like Skytrak and Pendulum, but I guess they are costly and time consuming to set up.
Still perhaps going into the second series with the first having been a success, they may consider splashing out a little more?

Or more likely we'll get Pursuit, which always struck me as a little school sports day

I definitely hope they'll have a bit more budget and - hopefully - time to play with for the next series.

I think, in the BBC's defence, they did take a risk reviving the show, and I suspect hiring out an arena does not come cheap. Considering how their expenditure is so frequently under the microscope, it would've been hard to justify commissioning loads of expensive kit to potentially use a few times. If the series had flopped, they'd have been a laughing stock. They have a justification to go bigger next time.

I think some of the events could be better if they were a bit longer - which is entirely possible within the space they have. The contenders have such a disadvantage in Collision because they get penalised for not moving, but what else are they supposed to do when all the gladiators swing at once and there's no room between them. I'd either take one gladiator off the course or extend the bridge by a couple of metres and space them out.

Celebrity Special reportedly incoming with Series 2. I can well imagine they will film it alongside the series and then it will get a prime slot over Christmas, with the series launching in the new year again.

Article also makes reference to the average 28 day consolidated audience being 8.3m to date. Obviously the 28 day data for the last few episodes won't be known yet. Hopefully that sort of audience will get the BBC splashing the cash for new events.

Matt Morsia (Legend) has a really informative YouTube page, very funny and there's quite a few from the last few years where he trains with Jamie (Giant). Worth a watch.

Fire was on This Morning today, she confirmed that there's more financing and training going into the second season so that gives me hope for them making events more complex and challenging, as well as possibly more variety in the comps.

3 to 4 new events, perhaps with one or two ESPECIALLY DAUNTING ONES held back for the semis and quarters, would do me just fine

Although they did show Saracen, the BBC should try to embrace the classic Gladiators a tad more I think. I'd much rather have Jet present than the son that looks like Wallace and Gromit. And the line about them being sat at home was a bit off.

Maybe they should do an older version of it, which now prompts me to see if that Dilf/Milf Island was just a rumour or not.

I read online that ALL the new Gladiators are coming back for S2, they aren't getting rid of any dead wood...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom