Gwen Stefani - True Babe

Gwen and Fergie's solo careers seem to have followed the same trajectory; or at least they remind me of eachothers

The difference is that Queen Fergie-Ferg has amounted LESS CRAP in her discography, unlike a certain someone who likes to re-introduce herself every couple of years when she's bored and jobless.

The difference is that Queen Fergie-Ferg has amounted LESS CRAP in her discography, unlike a certain someone who likes to re-introduce herself every couple of years when she's bored and jobless.

Look, I don't want to go through the indignity of a mid-aughts popstar Stan war here, but nothing Gwen could do would ever be as humiliating as that National Anthem perf - or the weird tit milk song with the Kardashians in the video.

Early Winter
4 In The Morning
Danger Zone
Rare
Used To Love You
Serious
Luxurious
Sweet Escape
Cool
Baby Don't Lie
Wonderful Life

still bop.

Spark the fire, Yummy, Now that you've got it, Asking for it, Naughty, Red flag, Don't get it twisted, Breaking up all can be thrown in a fire and FORGOTTEN. Jesus, the Sweet Escape album sounds as rotten as before.

excuse me?? this is one of those rare examples where she doesn't embarrass herself. It might not be her best song ever but a very welcome return to form.

That’s like saying “thank you for not shitting my mouth Gwen and farting in it instead :)

Stockholm Syndrome!!!

it's really giving late 90s No Doubt to me. no specific album, just the vocals and the sunny energy.

True Babe aside, is she just ranking them by how successful they were?

She only went and brought out Eve in Hyde Park today. That and the setlist were kind of iconic to be fair. The less said about the crowd the better.

Oooh do spill more
The setlist was basically the greatest hits, both solo and No Doubt. Only the new track stood out as an unknown, and she pretty much asked the crowd if they'd mind her playing it, after delivering most of the hits, and it went down reasonably well all things considered. Bringing Eve out for Let Me Blow Your Mind and Rich Girl was the highlight.

The setlist was basically the greatest hits, both solo and No Doubt. Only the new track stood out as an unknown, and she pretty much asked the crowd if they'd mind her playing it, after delivering most if the hits, and it went down reasonably well all things considered. Bringing Eve out for Let Me Blow Your Mind and Rich Girl was the highlight.

I've just checked setlist.fm and what a setlist, I wouldn't have expected her to do Underneath it All which is my fave along with Running :disco:

The crowd?

I've just checked setlist.fm and what a setlist, I wouldn't have expected her to do Underneath it All which is my fave along with Running :disco:

The crowd?
Yep... Hella Good and Spiderwebs were also unexpected but brilliant to hear. The crowd were, erm, interesting.... I expected it to be fairly gay leaning given the line up, but that wasn't the case. It was quite lairy to say the least, but Gwen seemed to go down well at least.

Me too. Rock Steady was a moment in time.
I didn’t even buy Return of Saturn, but for some reason bought Rock Steady on a whim because I kind of liked Hey Baby and I could order the US version early from Play.com! What a revelation though. I had that album on a loop for months.

I didn’t even buy Return of Saturn, but for some reason bought Rock Steady on a whim because I kind of liked Hey Baby. What a revelation! I had that album on a loop for months.

Same. I must re-visit it. I have Making Out in my head now :D

I'm going to go out on a lamb and guess that True Babe isn't a reworked cover of the Madge classic. What an opportunity missed: "no more culture appropriation, I kiss it goodbye".

Trying to not make a comment about her face.
1je75f.jpg

Hows this doing on streaming?
Nothing noteworthy but good by her standards. 680k WW in 5(?) days.

For comparison, "Slow Clap" has 5.7m between two versions after two years. "Let Me Reintroduce Myself" 14.5m after three years.

Quite good footage of the Warwick Castle gig split into the different songs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom