How good is your geography?

How good are you?

• Total voters

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
In terms of international maps, not longshore drift and oxbow lakes.

Just going through an old topic where @Nancy had never noticed Denmark on the map before and I felt I needed to address the issue.

Bad geography really winds me up. Mr Ag is terrible at identifying countries on maps and I find it deeply frustrating. I always loved maps ever since I understood them.

Such conversations inevitably lead to Sporcle.

I think I can normally get to about 120, maybe 150 on a good day, which isn't amazing, but still not total shit. I'm a bit shit at Africa and the Pacific island nations are always a total question except for Vanuatu and Tuvalu for some reason.

So on balance a 4.

In terms of international maps, not longshore drift and oxbow lakes.

Just going through an old topic where @Nancy had never noticed Denmark on the map before and I felt I needed to address the issue.

Bad geography really winds me up. Mr Ag is terrible at identifying countries on maps and I find it deeply frustrating. I always loved maps ever since I understood them.

I think I can normally get to about 120, maybe 150 on a good day, which isn't amazing, but still not total shit. I'm a bit shit at Africa and the Pacific island nations are always a total question except for Vanuatu and Tuvalu for some reason.

So on balance a 4.
I'd probably rank myself a 5 compared to the general population, compared to the rest of moopy, perhaps a 4.

Weirdly I'm quite good with the wider world, having been obsessed with my atlas as a kid, but my local geography is dire. I thought Manchester was on the other side of the country for about 6 of the years I've lived here.

I'd probably rank myself a 5 compared to the general population, compared to the rest of moopy, perhaps a 4.
I'm a fucking 13 compared to many, but ask me identity the nations of West Africa and I come unstuck.

Weirdly I'm quite good with the wider world, having been obsessed with my atlas as a kid, but my local geography is dire. I thought Manchester was on the other side of the country for about 6 of the years I've lived here.
I'm pretty solid on British geography. I know where most the cities are and am probably a 7/10 on counties.

On the sporcle thing, I’d probably do well outside of some of Africa and the pacific islands.

I definitely know where all 50 states are

I do think there is a certain personality type that likes geography, music charts, and elections, all of which I find super interesting
Add Eurovision and the Olympics into that personality type.

On the sporcle thing, I’d probably do well outside of some of Africa and the pacific islands.

I definitely know where all 50 states are
Having been glued to the 2020 election, I reckon I'm probably better than a lot of Americans.

This is my favourite sporcle US states quiz. It's particularly hard on a small screen with fat fingers.

Oh arse. It's the US states - no outlines quiz.

What's your level? Could you identify America or France on a map?

Yes! I’m not THAT bad. I think I could point out anywhere in Europe and could point out America but would probably (definitely would) struggle with individual states.

Thinking about it I am not near as bad as I first thought so am upgrading myself to a 3.

I got 196/197 the other day. Fucking Grenada.

How many states do you think you could identify?
A disappointing 28. Gutted about the Carolinas and Arizona.

Untitled.jpg

• Care
Reactions: RJN
I also have a geography degree but sadly they don't teach you the useful stuff for pub quizzes.

I'm OK at it but it's not my strong point. I know where stuff is more or less. Ms Ron is fucking hopeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom