Iceland 2022: Systur - Með hækkandi sól

auretz

User
The line-up has leaked for Söngvakeppnin

unknown2.png

Markéta Irglová is a bit of a get, Czech-born, grew up in Ireland and now lives in Iceland since 2012. She won the Oscar for Best Original Song with "Falling Slowly":

Haffi Haff took part in 2008 with "The Wiggle Wiggle Song" and has had follow up hits such as "Give Me Sexy"

Last edited:
I had a nasty bout of amarosis back in 2009.

This seems to be the big favourite and I can see why. Would be a great continuation of this very fun but very authentic and Icelandic identity they’ve carved for themselves at Eurovision:

I’m starting to find Iceland a little tedious at Eurovision. Bring back Yohanna or Hera.
If you’re missing “old” Iceland then this might tick your boxes (as indeed if you liked Husavik):

My Icelandic friend is always trying to convince me that Icelandic HIP HOP is a real thing, and is one of the most popular musical genres on the island - so I guess sending Rekyavikurdaetur would make a lot of sense if true.

I don't love it though, but perhaps it will make more sense once we've seen a performance.

Last edited:
Also I hope Rekyavikurdaetur win so two of them have to get the chop.
There´s actually about 20 off them it total. :basil: Even here in Iceland they never all perform at that the same time. It´s usually just a handful of them on stage and noone ever really knows which of them are going to show up.

It´s all a bit bizzarre :D

When is the selection ? Please let it be next Saturday when i’m there CROSS FINGERS

Anyone bothering ?
Don’t You Know is very seventies, it’s quite nice if cheesy

Poor Barby Kelly died a while ago after being locked up in a cupboard by the family for years on end for being a bit mental. Lived on rats and the fruits of a leaking pipe. I hope the Icelandic copyists pay tribute :(

Well I loved the sisters!
Poor Haffi :(
That guy is just DULL
I loved the sisters too! Would be a pleasant choice, even if it wouldn't do much at ESC.

I wonder if they'll benefit from the likelihood of having the only Icelandic song in the Final (Stefan will surely sing in English).

They might as well go for Icelandic for the sake of novelty alone and it didn’t do Hatari any harm. Of indeed last year’s winners, on a more general foreign tongue front

Overshadowed by Sweden (unsurprisingly) and Portugal ( ok, not really :D ) but the Super-Final is on.

It's between Daughters of Reykjavík and the Kelly Sisters now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom