I'm having an Army of Lovers bonanza tonight...

Floella

HER FUCKING HIGHNESS
I've just been piling some prime AOL onto my iPod and it's inspired my evening listenage. God, when they got it right they were bloody ACE! The albums arent really as good as they SHOULD be in my opinion. I vastly prefer the frenetic AOL than the subdued affairs (bit like BWO now).

Current Top 10...

01. Israelism
02. Crucified
03. La Plage De Saint Tropez
04. Blood In The Chapel
05. Obsession
06. Let The Sunshine In
07. The Particle Song
08. Hands Up
09. Venus & Mars
10. Give My Life
== Supernatural

Last edited:
Hands up, baby hands up, gimme your heart, gimme gimme your heart, gimme gimme :D Perhaps this should be nudged up a bit in my ranking. Pop perfection!

Last edited:
I adore "Israelism"...

I think Ive lost "Let The Sunshine In" in PC meltdown...would you OBLIGE, Flo ?

Im currently liking "Carry My Urn To Ukraine" MUCHLY

I'm just FLABBERGASTED by the number of albums thy released. I know they are mostly compilatons, but still...

I've just popped LTSI into the big G

Tune of the moment is "The Particle Song." It's just ridiculous! "Einstein on the beach, science out of reach, atoms sing along, to Einstein on the beach"

I'd try to explore a bit of Vacuum earlier today but they really do VERY little for me. I Breathe aside.

It was never the same post La Camilla for me! I could get away with admitting I loved it at school because of her!

Thanks FLO...it remains a JOY

ive got all the studio albums...but I really should invest in some of the other BITS N BOBS

If someone could post a link where I could buy the cd 'Le Grand Docu-soap' I would be most grateful. Cdon.com just seem to be selling the dvd which I already have.

I've FINALLY downloaded the last two albums

'Sebastien' is simply TOO MUCH :D :disco:

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic.

Fave song? Probs Israelism.

This might be the PERFECT time to actually put on my DVD that I bought and NEVER PLAYED

I must say I'm QUITE TEMPTED to purchase that

A FABULOUS mixture of OUTRAGEOUS CAMPERY and CARRY-ON STYLE HEAVING BOSOMS

What an INSPIRED COMBINATION :rusty:

Last edited:
CDOn often have it LUDICROUSLY cheap

I got it for about £5 i think

ANY album that commences with

"When I was a little girl
I used to pray to God
Not because I believed in God
But because I wanted God to believe in ME..."

Has to be considered UTTERLY FABULOUS

And I think my top ten might go something like THIS

1. Obsession
2. Crucified
3. My Army Of Lovers
4. Israelism
5. Carry My Urn To Ukraine
6. La Plage De St Tropez
7. Ride The Bullet
8. I Am (I am, what Bobby is to Pam... :D
9. Let The Sunshine In
10.Candyman Messiah

'My Army Of Lovers' is my FAVE RAVE

It's even TASTEFUL

Last edited:
CHEEKY

I haven't been out of the COUNTRY for YEARS and my PASSPORT has EXPIRED (I'm claiming the ECOLOGICAL HIGH GROUND) so I have no NEED to know about the VAGARIES of the INTERNATIONAL MONETARY SYSTEM

I'm QUITE sure you've been to France since the introduction of the Euro

Either THAT or that MUSTARD on your BODYWARMER isn't DIJON :oi:

Well let me THINK

9.53 euros, now that would be about 95 OLD FRENCH FRANCS

And circa 1983 you got about TEN FRENCH FRANCS to a GOOD OLD BRITISH POUND

So my calculations are CORRECT that's about 17 and SIX HA'PENNY in the OLD MONEY

I think you'll find you can get a night out on the TILES, a SHANDY or six and a SAUSAGE DUMPLING on the way home for two ha'pennies and a SICKLE

And STILL have change for a new pair of nylons in the morning- if you can get your hands on em

1 euro is roughly 70p to me, so £6.65 approx.

'Evenu shalom alechem' is my bored, standing in a queue, sing-out-loud lyric of choice.

I've tried quite a few times with AOL, but I just don't think I get them at all. I've somehow managed to aquire the 12" of Ride The Bullet though

Their wikipedia seems to suggest they've had a few UK top 40 hits, is this lies? I had never heard of them until I stumbled across dotmusic, and I can't remember them having any UK hits in the 90s

"Crucified" was their only top 40 hit in the UK- and it only got to #31 on a reissue from memory

An OUTRAGE- it was huge everywhere else

So last night I had my yearly bash at trying to understand Army Of Lovers, who aside from Crucified had previously flown right over my head

Anyway I am not quite sure how or why, but they finally clicked. HURRAH. I am not sure why I never liked Isrealism before, because it is obviously quite fantastical, although the Hebrew chant sounds a bit like they are singing "Carol McGiffin" which made me think of the witty one off Loose Women

I like how they have some pretty amazing/insane music videos, but if you watch them back to back you get a bit used to them. I found myself getting a bit blaze to their videos after a while, even though they are quite mad

Anyway I'm sure nobody cares in the slightest, but hurrah AOL. If I ever have some money and I remember I will deffo invest in their Greatest Hits

Also La Camilla was FIT AS FUCK

I AM
A LIBERACE FAN
A MEGASTAR in GLAM

or

YHERUSHALAIM at EASTER
I CRY and PRAY MON DIEU
I CRY and PRAY MON DIEU
ADIEU! MON DIEU!

DECISIONS DECISIONS

"Obsession" remains the most FANTASTIC piece of RIDICULOUSNESS I have EVER HEARD

And, as Donna passed comment earlier, it's even TASTEFUL

Well, ISH

Awww, my iPod is sadly lacking in the ARMY

Well, bar a couple of CHOICE CHOONS

OH I youtubed one of their album tracks called Sebastien last night also, and it was quite possibly the most ridiculously brilliant thing I have ever heard

Alexander Bard is quite the genius. I don't know why it has taken me years to realise this

I could wait night and day
Be the sky blue or grey
In my heart night and day
For your love to stay

:(

'The Particle Song' is one of the MADDEST THINGS EVER RECORDED

Not sure if the non-Eurovision fans amongst us are that aware of the Bard's new project, BWO (I'm sure they are) but I keep watching their new video and thinking how it's their most Army of Lovers-esque stab yet...probably cause of the visuals, so I thought I'd SHARE IT HERE

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's such a sad sight typing Army Of Lovers into iTunes, and seeing Lee Ryan pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom