Ireland 2020: Lesley Roy - Story of My Life

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok this is very promising.

Thisispopbaby are well-known in Dublin for creating striking, unique, queer pieces of theatre.

I've heard a few rumours that this lady has been approached, but it might just be fanboy wishful thinking.

:D

I've still not forgiven him for coming for me in the Moopyvision Latvia thread.

You’re not the only two who hear Eurovision rumours you know? You’re NOTHING SPECIAL YOU KNOW!!

*smashes a glass on the wall*

So are the Ireland heats still as, er, heated as past "gobshite" highlights?

The description sounds much excite indeed.

Latest rumour, and one that seems to be gathering steam, is that it's Lesley Roy.

She had some (mild) success in America in the late 00s before transitioning primarily to songwriting. She's penned material for Adam Lambert among others.

Latest rumour, and one that seems to be gathering steam, is that it's Lesley Roy.

She had some (mild) success in America in the late 00s before transitioning primarily to songwriting. She's penned material for Adam Lambert among others.

Didn't I enter that into A Song For Moopy years ago?

That song is over a decade old, so I'd hope her sound has evolved a bit. I'd be happy with a confident live performer who can really deliver onstage.

That song is over a decade old, so I'd hope her sound has evolved a bit. I'd be happy with a confident live performer who can really deliver onstage.
Sarah did all of that!

njzy42q0qqtx.jpg

Out next Thursday and being talked up here

So it’s Story of My Life by Lesley Roy and it’s on the way in a few hours

I thought the teaser showed EIGHT LEGS? Please God tell me that she’s not some sort of OCTOPUS! :shock:

Moi aussi. Also quite liking an Irish accent of a Thursday morning. Must do this more often :disco:

Hurry up please. I can't keep my students out much longer.

It's fine, but EPIC and on the same level as Euphoria it really isn't. Why overselling it?

Reactions: Zu
It’s very catchy. I can see it doing well.

I’m not sure it’s QUITE as amazing as I was hoping for but FFS this is easily the best Irish entry in AEONS!

Hmm, it sounds like something you’d have found a few folders deep on Max Martin’s hard drive in 2007. ‘Marry Me’ but sung by Kelly Clarkson instead of Katy Perry.

Yeah it doesn’t quite sound like the winner they are selling it to be

Taking a breath in the middle of a word always irks me. :oi:

Other that that, it falls short of the hype for me, but clearly a decent entry. It’ll stand out among the others too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom