Ireland 2020: Lesley Roy - Story of My Life

Hopefully it’s got the bigged up staging they are talking about as well. I haven’t heard of this is pop baby or whatever they were called?

Sorry @dUb but I don’t think this is a winner. It does sound quite dated. Never mind, what’s another year :tongueout:

Reactions: dUb
Thisispopbaby are a pretty big deal in theatre in Dublin. I would expect something very strong from them for this.

Their biggest show to date is called Riot and is kind of a queer circus-themed variety show led by Panti our quite well-known drag queen. They might go for something along those lines.

Nice to see Leslie Ash getting work again.

'tis decent, lots of fun and a likely qualifier. But I regret putting an each way bet on it now. Bloody lying Irish.

You put a bet on without even HEARING it?

MORE FOOL YOU!

HQ / Music Video

Definiteluy going to have a 'celebrate LGBTQ+' theme onstage I reckon.

It makes sense. She was one of the glut of Avril Lavigne clones that got signed up a decade or so ago.

It’s OK. I wasn’t expecting it to be in this vein though, and the “na na na na na na na” bits are rather irritating.

In which world was this a "potential contender"? Bless the Irish for hyping up a borderline qualifier like that. :D

On second listen I think this is a bit of an ear worm

There isn’t anything else really like it in the contest so far, so it has a chance of standing out

I actually think with a fair wind the UK could wind up higher on the leaderboard than this...

I do hope that they persuade her to bin the unlovely netty top, bra and suit ensemble. It’s very La Roux For Matalan :side-eye:

Oh this is fun and quite impactful on first listen. Though I agree it´s quite shouty.

I think it´s a likely qualifier when you look at everything we have so far, but yeah...Euphoria it AIN´T. :D

I actually think with a fair wind the UK could wind up higher on the leaderboard than this...

Being a bit out of the loop, do we REALLY think it's possible with a DREARY song and in a world of Brexit that the UK is going to come anywhere other than STONE COLD LAST on the televoting?

In which world was this a "potential contender"? Bless the Irish for hyping up a borderline qualifier like that. :D

It's quite tragic because I think they genuinely BELIEVED it has winning potential. They just have no idea whatsoever about Eurovision in the 21st century.

I can't believe Ireland have basically chosen to re-send Sinead Mulvey & Black Daisy eleven years after it kept them in the semis. Truly baffling.

Oh definitely. I can’t see the juries giving this a second look, and it’ll all depend on the staging as to whether the public are bothered.
At least ours seems like the sort of chart tat the juries are fond of rewarding.

I note that it’s not even written by Max Martin, which I assumed it was :side-eye:

PLAGIARISTS!

Who exactly WAS trumpeting about how great this was? A furious @VoR (given the ill-fated bet incident) to name names please

Mm well it’s alright

As stated it’s a Max Martin-Kenny Clarkson castoff, sung by latter-day Jennifer Paige with a latter-day Geri Halliwell video treatment (and budget)

maybe I would want to live my truth if all the people who say that weren’t attention-seeking pukes.

might be better if the singer didn’t look like she was not exactly living her truth, fake guitaring to her Eurovision entry.

I can't believe Ireland have basically chosen to re-send Sinead Mulvey & Black Daisy eleven years after it kept them in the semis. Truly baffling.

:( One of my favourites of 2009 and I really believe it could’ve got through had they performed in the second half

This does sound like something from 10 years ago but in the best way, it’s going straight into my top 5 of the year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom