Ireland 2021: Lesley Roy - Maps

Sadly a friend of mine saw the performance concept and had no idea what any of them were thinking about - he loved everything else they'd done but thought they'd gone completely off the boil for what they put together last year.

Is this the friend who told you ELM were the artist?

This is now OUT apparently. I can’t hear it because I’m at work but from what I’ve read it’s surprisingly good!

Oh yes it’s had its prestigious 2FM premiere! The reaction is very positive, and it definitely sounds better than last year...

It's coming (properly) in FIVE MINUTES. Hope your WIG GLUE IS READY :o
They better release it on Spotify so I can add it to the queue on the way home :disco:

She’s stepped her pussy up for sure, it’s a solid euphoric banger although still maybe a bit MOR.

Much better than last year. I just don't think I like her voice very much. It feels like she is out of breath the entire time.

I prefer Together but other than that one I have to go back to Lipstick.

In all seriousness, this is much stronger than last year. WELL DONE LESLEY.

Semi One is looking NIGHTMARISH already! (In a good way!)

It feels like there’s a nod to Story of My Life in there, but without the cadence of a 13 year-old girl’s Facebook post about her family holiday in Paphos where she let a lad touch her tit in the swimming pool.

Reactions: dUb
Yeah, I struggle with her voice, too. But as a song that's MUCH better than last year's flat attempt at euphoric, uplifting Kelly Clarkson 2007 pop-rock.

A massive improvement on Story Of My Life, and an actual contender for a high finish too.

Hopefully they go big with the staging, as the production is quite epic and anything too basic would kill it dead.

Very strong in a generically uplifting kind of way. I much prefer it to last year’s song although (whisper it) I sense that may have been slightly more voter-friendly... I can see this one being accidentally overlooked.

And her live vocal is still very much a question mark.

A massive improvement on Story Of My Life, and an actual contender for a high finish too.

Hopefully they go big with the staging, as the production is quite epic and anything too basic would kill it dead.
This is an Irish song, so the only question is how MANY people they’ll have on stage dressed as Zig and Zag and riverdancing around the Blarney Stone.

Is it JUST ME or is this year actually turning out to be QUITE GOOD? We’ve got around a quarter or the songs and bar Germany I quite like them all (okay a couple I tolerate rather than like but still). I can already see about two or three chosen songs as POTENTIAL WINNERS and there’s still the likes of Russia, Azerbaijan, Sweden, Italy etc to pick :disco:

Reactions: D5K
Is it JUST ME or is this year actually turning out to be QUITE GOOD? We’ve got around a quarter or the songs and bar Germany I quite like them all (okay a couple I tolerate rather than like but still). I can already see about two or three chosen songs as POTENTIAL WINNERS and there’s still the likes of Russia, Azerbaijan, Sweden, Italy etc to pick :disco:

Quite some turnaround from last week’s “I don’t know WHERE the winner is going to come from if Iceland don’t deliver” panic, eh?

I think this has semi final FLOP written all over it.

How much her voice has been treated and auto-tuned on the studio version is probably a CLUE as to what we should expect from the live performance :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom