Is it time to DITCH the Juries?

Get RID

• Total voters
Yes. Televote winner is always better. No exceptions.

Am conflicted too. Lots of the juries were inexplicably attracted to some seriously trashy choices but it felt like normal people voted kind of inexplicably too. Curious to see what the rest of the world effect was too.

Although just seeing that Blanka came EIGHTH on the televote…maybe

This is the sort of childish reaction we see every year that Sweden do well. Show me a country that produces a better national final and then we’ll talk. Music industry professionals like myself must have a voice alongside the drunken whims of the crowds at Eurovision parties.

And in a televote where Spain come last I don’t want to hear about how the public can be trusted with anything.

No. It's a good balance at the moment. Anyone who wins the public vote is made for life anyway!

Spain are always awful!

giphy.gif

On the basis of this year, where the public got both the winner and the last place spot on, I am voting YES

Loreen is a great winner.

But the juries are swinging and their consensus keeps missing the (big) public winners - by some smaller (Ukraine 2022, Italy 2021) and bigger (Finland 2023 and Norway 2019) margins, admittedly - for the fourth year in a row now.

More egregiously IMO, they keep rewarding safe, pedestrian performances like Lithuania, Italy and ESTONIA(!!!).

I don't know if the juries need to go or if they need to reassess the format of the jury vote - the new format of presenting the jury votes seperately and the public voted bunched up is probably adding to the skewed perception.

Reactions: COB
If we're going to get batshit voting either way, I'd rather accept batshit voting from millions, than batshit voting from only half a dozen Heidi Ranges.

Also, fundamentally - getting rid of the juries would make for an *actively worse* show. The televote reveal at the end has been a revelation for it as an actual televisual spectacle.

Very dull voting. It was obvious Finland wasn't going to be able to close such a big gap. Robbed. I'd rather get rid if Sweden are going to keep getting gifted wins. That's 2 now.
Like the last 5 minutes of the voting were even remotely dull at all!

I mean the nature of a competition means sometimes it's not going to be close or exciting, you can't orchestrate that every single year.

It's worth pointing out Loreen must be the earliest in the running order winner since what, Sertab? 20 years. Imagine she was in Israel's slot! I suspect she'd have gobbled up tons more votes

Usually I'd say the public vote alone brought out overall a better winner/top 10 each year, particularly 2019 with Keiino who were murdered by the juries.

This is probably the first time I've agreed otherwise, but it's hardly the same situation - I mean they ranked Finland high in the jury vote too, and Sweden came second with the public so...

I'd say keep the juries FOR NOW but with a good dose of COULD DO BETTER thrown in as some of their universally popular choices are a bit off

No, but it does feel weird that Finland were almost as popular as Ukraine last year on the televote but don’t win whereas a song no country ranked first does. Fine with it from a personal taste point of view but it doesn’t feel very democratic.

I still think juries should be different.

In what world was Finland not one of the 10 best last night? That’s just bizarre. And yet the UK gave them zero points. Whilst I accept some difference, I find things like that just weird.

Absolutely not. Joe Public cannot be trusted with anything, let alone more than half the power to decide what is good and what isn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom