Is Loreen - Tattoo winning Eurovision?

IS IT WINNING

• Total voters
I was going back and forth on this this morning because I wasn't quite sure if the chorus was good enough, but I think I've settled into the view that it's a perfect mood piece and just so accomplished and well-done that it doesn't matter. The effect of the last minute is phenomenal, spine tingling. Feels likely to sweep the jury vote enough that even a relative televote snub of 3rd/4th would equal a fairly easy win overall.

The biggest questions at this point feel like a. what the UK is going to send (!), and b. whether she'll be allowed to stage it the same in Liverpool.

Providing the Swedes don’t fuck things up, I think she will unless we get a killer from one of the internals.

I can't see it going any other way. Only the inevitable hype could damage it. It really is the antidote AND compliment to Euphoria, which is absolutely the definitive song of modern Eurovision. She's a Eurovision superstar going into it and I can see plenty of Eurovision voters lapping it up.

• Care
Reactions: LTZ
The staging and performance will sell it to the juries and repeat listens (which even an uninformed voter will have received, even just passively) really sell it musically.

It’s hard to see beyond it right now (IF it wins Melodifestivalen).

- Finland is the potential dark horse.

- Ukraine isn’t going to win.

- The UK remains the main unknown quantity in play.

EEK!

The UK remains the main unknown quantity in play.
Still thrilling that the UK is now considered a runner. Although I do fear Sam Ryder being a one off, but I do get that things have changed.

I think this will come down to Jury Points more than Televote. I don’t like the song at all but I guess it will appeal to them.

Oh God, I really thought it won and listened to it.
She looks really pretty, but wouldn't listen to it a second time.
I feel there's bits and pieces reminding me of several other songs, sort of like a collage of influences.
Am not sure it would win but considering many things I think it'd do very well, top 3.

When she fails to win even Melodifestivalen we can blame @Penelope for jinxing it by creating his thread.
8623.jpg

It’s hard to see beyond it right now (IF it wins Melodifestivalen).

- Finland is the potential dark horse.

- Ukraine isn’t going to win.

- The UK remains the main unknown quantity in play.

EEK!
I REALLY don’t see Finland winning.

I remember 2012 and Euphoria had winner written all over it. If that was performed now it would still win. All it needed was Loreen, dark staging, a wind machine and fake snow. The song was special and the staging reflected the lyrics.

Tattoo is not on that level at all and the staging is a bit try hard. It’ll easily win Mello but the song is not an ESC winner.

I think everything works and it's an EASY Melodifestivalen winner, I just think it isn't necessarily special enough to win Eurovision. I suppose it depends on what the rest of the field looks like, but I can see this getting a creditable top five placing as opposed to the overall win.

If I was being hugely critical I’d say it’s a 9/10 song but it has a 13/10 performance.

I'm going with yes because I think it'll get less drag from the televote than Finland will get from the juries.

Ukraine won't be in contention, the song's shit and SURELY everyone knows they don't need to repeat the sympathy vote every year now that they've had one win with the help of it*

*It wasn't a thing at Junior Eurovision after all

I feel like Ukraine will get enough of a boost to stop it finishing humiliatingly low, but I’ll be aghast if it makes the top 10.

I’m not even entertaining the thought of her not winning Melfest, if that happens it really will be the gay 9/11.

I can’t comprehend watching that and saying it’s not special enough. What more could you possibly want?!!
It needs to do something different lyrically to match the change in staging. Isn’t there anything else to say except “all I care about is you. stuck on like a tattoo”?

Euphoria had a magical energy to it and comparing them makes it obvious Tattoo is inferior.

Last edited:
I'd be stunned if it didn't or at least come extremely close to winning. I can't see it not being a total landslide win in Melodifestivalen but the Swedes have a history of making the wrong decision, Håll om Mig in particular.

Absolutely DISGUSTING. The absolute FILTH being SPEWED is akin to NAILING JESUS ON THE CROSS.

I've read this topic over 400 times and I almost believed some of the WICKED LIES.

Absolutely DISGUSTING. The absolute FILTH being SPEWED is akin to NAILING JESUS ON THE CROSS.

I've read this topic over 400 times and I almost believed some of the WICKED LIES.

Some people were born dark-sided Mary and we just have to accept it.

Some people were born dark-sided Mary and we just have to accept it.
I will NEVER accept BLASPHEMY, which is here in ABUNDANCE.

JOIN MY LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN in making our VOICES HEARD. I will NOT REST until all other nations WITHDRAW from Eurovision, to allow this HEAVENLY BEING the ASCENT to a victorious heaven, she so RIGHTLY DESERVES. In the meantime the NAYSAYERS and HERETICS to be SACRIFICED in the NAME OF JESUS.

Ukraine garnering more televote support than last year seems very unlikely but of course it's difficult to predict with the UK staging the final in Ukraine's honor.

Finland realistically needs a top 5 and Ukraine a top 10 with juries and either one feels like a real stretch to me. With those things in mind I don't see them beating Loreen.

I feel like I need to know what else is competing before I can say definitively, but it's a STUNNER :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom