Is Loreen - Tattoo winning Eurovision?

IS IT WINNING

• Total voters
Last night there was an interview on a prime time show with an Estonian singer who I've never seen before and she said Loreen is likely to win.:disco:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
I’m in two minds. I don’t believe it’s a winning song at all*, but I can’t see who else is going to challenge it other than Finland, and that could just as likely be a catastrophe as it could a triumph.

*I’m in no way saying it’s a bad song or that I’d be unhappy if it won.

Last night there was an interview on a prime time show with an Estonian singer who I've never seen before and she said Loreen is likely to win.:disco:
I was at the shops this morning and there was a TALKING SPANIEL relaxing on the onions who said that Loreen will win. Also MRS MITTENS THE GROCER’S KITTEN is known for her mystic predictions and was found sitting on the grocer’s TATTOO earlier today so there you have it :disco:

I was at the shops this morning and there was a TALKING SPANIEL relaxing on the onions who said that Loreen will win. Also MRS MITTENS THE GROCER’S KITTEN is known for her mystic predictions and was found sitting on the grocer’s TATTOO earlier today so there you have it :disco:
Back in 2021 Mrs Mittens sat on the giant styrofoam trumpet I keep in my good room, which was an especially cunty bit of trolling on her part.

• Haha
Tattoo is about as obvious a winner as Euphoria was. Kind of even moreso now the voting system is different and we have loads of examples of entries that have shown a resoundingly obvious win on the jury vote is really all you actually need so long as you're obviously respectably competitive (top 5 or thereabouts) on the televote side, if there isn't an incredibly obvious televote landslider that can return the favour with the juries in the wings.

(as a hint, Käärijä isn't really either of those things.)

But also it's fine - there's plenty of interesting stuff this year, and it's nice we get to be a bit more ceremonial in advance about both Loreen and Sweden finally knocking both Johnny Logan and Ireland off their fucking perch 💕

I think much of the hype is because it's Loreen, as there was in 2008 with La Perrelli, and look what happened. Not that it's going to be anything close to that disaster, but this is nothing like Euphoria, when there was a promo on Spanish TV using (illegally :D) Euphoria before she even won the MF. But hey, I would be delighted to be totally wrong and Mother winning again, I just try to be rational and sensible.

I think much of the hype is because it's Loreen, as there was in 2008 with La Perrelli, and look what happened. Not that it's going to be anything close to that disaster, but this is nothing like Euphoria, when there was a promo on Spanish TV using (illegally :D) Euphoria before she even won the MF. But hey, I would be delighted to be totally wrong and Mother winning again, I just try to be rational and sensible.
Except this literally didn't happen for Statements, so we know it's not 'because it's Loreen'...

I mean the rational and sensible assumption would be that the track that is currently already hitting other countries' Spotify charts in *March* is probably the one to beat.

Particularly if you're actually being DEEPLY IRRATIONAL but just SNARKY ABOUT IT

Statements didn't even qualify for the final, there was no room for hype there.
Yes, famously nobody got remotely hot under the collar for My Heart Is Refusing Me when that didn't either :basil:

I mean the rational and sensible assumption would be that the track that is currently already hitting other countries' Spotify charts in *March* is probably the one to beat.
I'm not saying the song isn't gonna do very well in Eurovision, and it might win, who knows, all I'm saying is that I don't see it as such an obvious winner as Euphoria, that literally swept everything else, and in a very competitive year. But WHATEVER.

she did lose the public vote.

sorry-oops-mariah-carey-6ir2jfzkcdkl6akz.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom