Is Mae headed for an IGNOMINIOUS BOTTOM FIVE PLACING?

Is she headed for the bottom 5?

• Total voters

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
With reference to this DISASTER VOX PREVIEW

To think I had her as a sure top 5 at some point :eyes: (before live performances :D)

She'll do well on tiktok months later :)

No, no. Worst case scenario, Germany and four pieces of shite from the second semi final will finish below her.

Everything will be ok.

464C675A-810E-4E7A-8294-82852B4F39B7.gif

Bottom five would be a blessing at this point

Is it too late to ask her not to sing most of the song and rely on backing vocals? Someone should tell her.

It sounds like she isn’t going for the high note in that clip.

It sounds like she isn't building for the high money note, thankfully, so there is some hope it won't be a vocal disaster

It’s really hard to call. If she pulls it off on the night it could be an EASY top ten.

If no one turns up for the Moopy live thread it will mean that our humiliation didn’t really happen anyway.

Reactions: GNL
So.....she's suddenly coming last because we got a clip of some random queen singing over her vocals, and a phone recording of the spoken bit...where she's doing precisely that . .speaking and not singing??

God I love Moopy :D

So.....she's suddenly coming last because we got a clip of some random queen singing over her vocals, and a phone recording of the spoken bit...where she's doing precisely that . .speaking and not singing??

God I love Moopy :D
If you can manage to sound that bad speak-singing, it doesn't exactly BODE WELL for the ACTUAL VOCALS

I do think she sounds awful every single time, spoken word bit included. I've got total faith the package will all LOOK good and of course the song is stellar...but whether the vocals fuck her up jury wise I don't know, or even with the public...

Is there previous form for this?! Something sounding dreadful but either pulling it off on the night or just getting away with it?

I know there was dear BLANCHE, but her gun to the head performance actually suited the song...

Bottom 5 seems a STRETCH but I wouldn't be shocked at all :D

I think she's squarely landing mid table but even that is less than the song deserves. Similar result to Lucie seems likely, but for opposite reasons...

If it’s any consolation we’ve overtaken Austria and are now ninth in the betting odds.

I just really hope that the BBC don't give up on their Eurovision efforts if results don't go as hoped this year.

I would also say how much mileage Mae/the song gets after the contest would count for the approach they take next year even if things dont go great(i.e. if its a hit).

The fact that its getting a ton of airplay and making its way back up the charts prior to the contest is somewhat promising....

..of course if she DOES bomb UK Radio will drop it like a hot potato

I would also say how much mileage Mae/the song gets after the contest would count for the approach they take next year even if things dont go great(i.e. if its a hit).

The fact that its getting a ton of airplay and making its way back up the charts prior to the contest is somewhat promising....

..of course if she DOES bomb UK Radio will drop it like a hot potato
It's already made it into the top 40, so on that front I think the pressure's off, and it's been enough of a success that taking the same approach next year makes sense.

Let's totally ignore the fact she hasn't appeared anywhere on Spotify yet(although to be fair so far only several of this year have outside of their home) and focus on Apple Music :disco:

18 Malta
35 Lithuania
37 UK
57 Cyprus
88 Estonia

At least they are tappin' their toes in Tallinn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom