It’s Saturday GIRLS, say AMEN

GOOD MORNING you GORGEOUS lot. I have been rather LACKLUSTRE when it comes to Moopy this week and I AM VERY VERY SORRY FOR THAT, but I have been BUSY. 💅

I already watched an episode of RPDR, did today’s wordle, got my hair did and now I’m at the gym, wtf??

My KFC arrived without me having to wander the estate to find the delivery driver! This is unprecedented. It probably had nothing to do with it being the first time it's been a lady driver, although she did say "my GPS was wanting to send me down that road but I saw your red car on the drive so thought I'd try up here first and I could go back down if it wasn't this house".

:eyes:

I've just had a "breaking Isle of Wight news" alert on my phone... A lorry has toppled over on one of the country roads and has spilt a load of cauliflowers, causing traffic delays.

Island life is wild.

Are you back home from Devon, Rachey?
No we are still in Hele Bay until Monday, then off to somewhere near Axminster for another week.

Devon really does shut down in the winter. I've never known anything like it. One of the only places open in ilfracombe was a Wetherspoons. And every town or village we've driven through has been empty..no local shops, no pasties, absolutely nothing is open. Even the local Rolys is closed :(

Makes me realize how lucky I am on the island really. At least we don't die in the winter.

No we are still in Hele Bay until Monday, then off to somewhere near Axminster for another week.

Devon really does shut down in the winter. I've never known anything like it. One of the only places open in ilfracombe was a Wetherspoons. And every town or village we've driven through has been empty..no local shops, no pasties, absolutely nothing is open. Even the local Rolys is closed :(

Makes me realize how lucky I am on the island really. At least we don't die in the winter.
And Ilfracombe is about the biggest resort on the north coast, isn't it? I wonder if Croyde has more going for it, considering they have the surfers there year round?

I‘ve SHAVED MY BEARD off and just have a TASH. I’m not sure whether I like it OR NOT :D:(

I am ON THE DRINK.

patsy-stone-absolutely-fabulous.gif

I do like a man with a BEARD as long as it IS a beard and not just random BUM FLUFF.

I've decided I quite like how grey my (shit) beard is though. I'm very much at peace with being old these days.

And Ilfracombe is about the biggest resort on the north coast, isn't it? I wonder if Croyde has more going for it, considering they have the surfers there year round?
We're going to Croyde tomorrow for Sunday roast. I always assumed Croyde was huge but Mandy said it's tiny with nothing really but the beach.

Barnstaple is big, but we haven't bothered going there this time around because I'm not a big fan of towns.

It's strange tho that there's no tea rooms open, any shops that are open close at 3. Half the pubs say "back open in the spring".

And there's definitely tourists here. On all of our walks we've chatted to people on holiday.

We're going to Croyde tomorrow for Sunday roast. I always assumed Croyde was huge but Mandy said it's tiny with nothing really but the beach.

Barnstaple is big, but we haven't bothered going there this time around because I'm not a big fan of towns.

It's strange tho that there's no tea rooms open, any shops that are open close at 3. Half the pubs say "back open in the spring".

And there's definitely tourists here. On all of our walks we've chatted to people on holiday.
Croyde is pretty tiny, it just has a big reputation. There is a small village about a 15 minute walk through the burrows from the beach part, though. Years ago I remember two really nice pubs there - The Manor and The Carpenter's Arms. I know The Manor is still there, but no idea what it's like.

Last edited:
Croyde is pretty tiny, it just has a big reputation. There is a small village about a 15 minute walk through the burrows from the beach part, though. Years ago I remember two really nice pubs there - The Manor and The Carpenter's Arms. I know The Manor is still there, but no idea what it's like.
We may venture that far tomorrow.

Have you tried Bideford, @Rachey? That's a bigger town (by Devon standards, at least) but I remember it being quite attractive on the estuary, although I seem to remember it being a bit more river estuary than seaside like.

I am so fucking tired, Moopy. I was already dead beat from working away and looking after my Mum and today was going to be my one day of peace and freedom that I’ve managed so far in 2022…until my Mum’s power went out at 5am and so I ended up having to rescue her by taking her out all day because the house is freezing, my brother was at work all day and I live in a top floor flat and she has Parkinson’s and can’t make the stairs.

I’ve literally had her all day and just deposited her at my brothers as the power is STILL out and is going to be until gone midnight and I am exhausted, disgruntled and having “lost” my day of peace and generally ready to collapse.

UGH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom