Italy 2021: Måneskin - Zitti e buoni + Global Domination

It's a HIT

Note it making small waves in Turkey. Clearly Eurovision still has a market there. That's a glimmer of hope.

I note with interest that it's not performing quite as well in all of the countries that have done shitly in Eurovision of late. I'm choosing to take this as a sign that we're all desperately out of touch.

I note with interest that it's not performing quite as well in all of the countries that have done shitly in Eurovision of late. I'm choosing to take this as a sign that we're all desperately out of touch.
Not much rocket science to it, it's just that viewing figures for Eurovision almost universally tend to be terrible in those countries

Its top 40 on the midweek and still top 15 on UK Spotify so its looking to be a real, growing, hit. I Wanna Be Your Slave is also rising on Spotify (52 now).

Screenshot_20210531-153201_Facebook.jpg

What's the last non English winner to perform better?
Nicole (#1), Anne-Marie David (#13) and Vicky Leandros (#2) all released theirs in English. I think it may be the best ever unless I'm missing something obvious? Massiel got to #35 with La La La...

After having a look, unless I missed something, I think it's the highest charting ESC winning song in another language, matching the position of another Italian winner, Gigliola Cinquetti (#17 too). I'm not counting songs like Nicole's, because I think it was an English version the one that charted.

Zitti e buoni is still top 30 on Spotify and I Wanna Be Your Slave is still top 40 - that an album track is almost certainly going to enter the charts this week is *astonishing*.

After having a look, unless I missed something, I think it's the highest charting ESC winning song in another language, matching the position of another Italian winner, Gigliola Cinquetti (#17 too). I'm not counting songs like Nicole's, because I think it was an English version the one that charted.
Yes, I was thinking Gigliola as well. Of course she did even better when she released 'Si' as 'Go'.

Nicole (#1), Anne-Marie David (#13) and Vicky Leandros (#2) all released theirs in English. I think it may be the best ever unless I'm missing something obvious? Massiel got to #35 with La La La...
Severine with Un Banc, Un Arbre, Une Rue reached number 9 in 1971. She recorded it in English as well, but the charting version has the French title so I assume that’s what it was.

Milk & Honey also reached the Top 5, but I assume that was the English version.

The guitars have LITTLE to do with it, for example Blind Channel we’re very much NOT COOL, however Mahmood WAS.
Blind Channel we're very much cool for their "14 year old emo kid trying to fit in" target audience.

Mahmood and Måneskin has a transcendent coolness in that anyone passing them in the street would at least give them a acknowledging glance.

Eurovision winners to have had more than one UK Top 40 hit:

Gigliola Cinquetti
Sandie Shaw
Lulu
Dana
Vicky Leandros
ABBA
Brotherhood of Man
Johnny Logan
Buck's Fizz
Celine Dion
Katrina and the Waves

Three of those (Gigliola, Vicky, Johnny) only got another hit with another Eurovision song and Katrina's other hit was before Eurovision, so when you take those out it's quite an exclusive list. Looks like Måneskin will be joining it on Friday as I Wanna Be Your Slave is comfortably in the midweeks and continuing to climb on Spotify (it's now overtaken Zitti e buoni).

Looks like Måneskin will be joining it on Friday as I Wanna Be Your Slave is comfortably in the midweeks and continuing to climb on Spotify (it's now overtaken Zitti e buoni).

Where is Slave in the midweeks? I can’t navigate the OCC’s awful website.

Oh wow. Have they made any dint in America at all? They'd be mugs to not go over and do some promo!

The performance just KEEPS GETTING BETTER for me.
You cannot fake or deny the ASPIRATIONAL RAW SEX APPEAL and SWAGGER that he just DRIPS!
I have been responsible for at least half the views. It's pure sex!

Aside from the elusive and agog drummer, they all have so much chemistry.

Two weeks on the chart is pretty crazy, let alone getting another hit!

UP to 12 in Ireland with I Wanna Be Your Slave a new entry at 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom