Jark.FM 8: Off With Their Heads! (멋진 년들) Saturday - 8.30pm

Jark

User
hello, ladies and gays :disco:

Jark-FM-8.gif

it's THAT TIME AGAIN.

in a rare occurence we have a saturday night schedule that's free as a bird (of paradise - go read Moopy Cunning Linguists, people!) so like the shameless opportunist I am, I'm movin' in with a new setlist full of bangers, grooves and undeniable TUNES.

this time we're taking a sharp swerve away from house for the most part (there is ofc one concession to handbag house for dear @Pipo) and into other dance sounds which I won't reveal just yet - but let's just say the dominant flavours of this edition eminate from Japan, Korea and England. the whole thing is a DIFFERENT TRIP, built to keep you SHUFFLING through this long weekend.

because it's the 8th edition I'm inviting six of my Moopywives (@Lucille @funky @RJN @Beverley @OutSynk @Tisch), but please be warned that anyone who doesn't LOSE THEIR HEAD at the sounds will lose it another way. also invited: @jivafox @ButterTart @wurst @Kate @Iguana @Ag @COB @ZenGiraffe @Pingu @RaspberrySwirl @FetchFugly @Dance Witch Abortion @ManicKangaroo @Raining On Me @joanne @Beryl @big ron @Mats @dmlaw @Dark Carnival @Frozen @Music @Soldi AND ALL OTHER QUEENS.

see you Saturday @ 830!

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine she has a cohesive plan but right now this really sounds like the ramblings of a MAD MAN.

Well it’s nice to see I’m tagged for a change but right at the very end? :zsazsa:

you're ALWAYS TAGGED.

I just thought you weren't posting this week so you'd be out.

:basil:

Oh I thought this was tomorrow :(

💄 IT'S A DANCE EMERGENCY! 💄

let's fuckin DO THIS! press play on the DJ at 8.30 sharp bitches.

a call from the DJ

Spotify bros

YouTube freaks

somewhere on a U-bahn platform Billie Ray Martin is crying

starting off with some CHEEKY italodisco that really is the TITS.

I said less house this time but I'm still kicking things off with a groovy lil' house section, but from other lands.

Shinichiro Yokota is a Japanese DJ and this track from a few years back tears up the dancefloor with PRECISION. it's a very controlled vibe, mysterious but militant. the soul vocal is deployed sparingly but slaps!

hanging out in Southeast Asia for a bit with the Korean DJ Park Hye Jin who burst onto the scene barely a year ago and is dropping sultry bombs like CLOUDS like it's no big deal. this has a bit of an AFTERPARTY feel, but we're just getting WARMED UP

Reactions: COB
ok, quick trip-hop detour here with this lovely tune from Solex. nicely chopped beats, cute keys riff, vocal that somehow sounds a bit flat but quite ENTICING with it! I just discovered this song and I proper love it.

fun fact: every song title on this Solex album features the word solex. other Solex vs. the Hitmeister tracks include Waking Up With Solex and Solex All Licketysplit. :disco:

this Massive Attack banger is such an '80s hangover soul tune, sung to a '90s bassline, I feel it half exists outside of trip-hop. it's so gorgeous, sunny and FEEL GOOD.

not for too long my sweet! we'll heat up! just EASING YOU IN. quick flip to a very restrained dance tune now that really gets going as it goes on. amazing vocal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom