Jessie Ware - Free Yourself + That! Feels Good! (album 5)

A 45 Minute set in Lisbon on Friday. I'm still LIVID. (She was great, as was Roisin, of course.)

@Pipo did you go to CDMX?

I've been watching IG stories and fwd them to Jark, I'm in my hometown for at least two weeks due to a minor health problem so I had to sell my ticket. FUMING.

I've got to recover quickly because Corona Festival is in a couple of weeks and I can't miss that one what with Miley, Charli, Lil NasX, Aly and AJ. :disco:

Don't tease me! DON'T!!! :disco:

OH MY GOD... What a performance. It is a shame that there wasn't a big tv spot (what remains of big music tv performance spots) in the offing for this single.

She did nothing with it when it came out; maybe she plans to promo it to launch the album in the new year.

some recent snatches of tea on the album:

on Evan Ross Katz's podcast (gay rights!) she said the 2nd single is also a Stuart Price production. he's channeling his "Jacques Lu Cont days and Madonna world when he was a dance producer". they also did an R&B number together called Lightning that's giving Sade.

she also cancelled the October release of the 2nd single because she wanted the US fans to have their WYP? tour moment before new music promo took over. the album was finished then, but she's since gone back into the studio with Stuart Price to add a few more tracks. new music coming in the new year.

some recent snatches of tea on the album:

on Evan Ross Katz's podcast (gay rights!) she said the 2nd single is also a Stuart Price production. he's channeling his "Jacques Lu Cont days and Madonna world when he was a dance producer". they also did an R&B number together called Lightning that's giving Sade.

she also cancelled the October release of the 2nd single because she wanted the US fans to have their WYP? tour moment before new music promo took over. the album was finished then, but she's since gone back into the studio with Stuart Price to add a few more tracks. new music coming in the new year.

This post is everything

2023 is shaping up to be one of the best years for music after an average couple of years

Less! Stuart Price!
given what she was saying about the album for some time (groovier takes on Remember Where You Are), the belated sessions with SP and now this title, I'd say she's shifted direction? this could be a very lightweight record.

given what she was saying about the album for some time (groovier takes on Remember Where You Are), the belated sessions with SP and now this title, I'd say she's shifted direction? this could be a very lightweight record.

That!
SCARES
ME!

Mind, it remains her sonic description in this week's interviewmag story:

"Celebration, dancing, a different kind of dancing, maybe more groove-led."

So here's hoping there isn't too much deviation.

allegedly album out April 28th with preorder coming next Thursday

1. Free Yourself - September 2022
2. Pearls - February 9th 2023
Album announcement - February 9th 2023
Pearls music video - the following week
3. Born Again - April 2023

ALBUM RELEASE: That! Feels Good! - April 28th 2023

2d46322e-fd03-4f5c-9bff-08d75a637d28.jpg

tracklist

1 That! Feels Good!
2 Free Yourself
3 Pearls
4 Hello Love
5 Begin Again
6 Beautiful People
7 Freak Me Now
8 Shake the Bottle
9 Lightning
10 These Lips

10 tracks is a bit surprising/disappointing considering she said the album was done and then recorded several tracks with Stuart Price (Free Yourself, Pearls and Lightning are all by him). seems a lot of the James Ford material was chopped :( hoping for a deluxe

credits
  1. That! Feels Good! - 4:22
    Jessie Ware, James Ford, Danny Parker & Shungudzo Kuyimba
  2. Free Yourself - 3:54
    Jessie Ware, Stuart Price & Clarence Coffee Jr.
  3. Pearls - 4:03
    Jessie Ware, Clarence Coffee Jr., Stuart Price & Sarah Hudson
  4. Hello Love - 4:42
  5. Begin Again - 5:24
  6. Beautiful People - 3:35
  7. Freak Me Now - 3:28
    Jessie Ware, Clarence Coffee Jr. & Stuart Price
  8. Shake the Bottle - 3:23
  9. Lightning - 3:10
    Jessie Ware, Clarence Coffee Jr. & Stuart Price
  10. These Lips - 4:21
six James Ford tracks made it :disco:

I'm really struggling with that album title. Has she explained it yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom