Jessy Lanza - All The Time

Jark

User
Jessy Lanza's album All The Time came out on Friday and it's really fucking great. I'm stanning.

I would describe it as chill, dreamy electronica that evokes Janet, PC Music, R&B, synthpop and glitchpop and really functions as a great mood piece rather than a collection of immediate individual songs. Despite all the influences the sound feels completely her own.

Hard to pick out a starting point so I'd just start at the start. Anyone Around is fucking fabulous. Alexander, Ice Creamy and Over and Over are excellent too. When the album finishes I feel sad.

@ameraal @funky @dUb @Pipo @FetchFugly @northernlad @Tisch @Iguana :disco:

I'll give this a listen. The stuff I've heard already seemed nice but not very memorable. Based on that description there must be a couple of gems within the album...

Turns out a couple of these have already fell onto my radar. Anyone Around and All The Time are both in my recommended playlists. Really nice.

Listened to this last night. Loved the first two tracks and "Over and Over". Nearly turned it off though after "Face" and "Badly" but the middle of the album picked back up even if nothing immediately stood out quite like the aforementioned songs. Glad I gave this a chance, will definitely revisit.

can't get over this album. Lick In Heaven is current fave but really it's all so blissful and sweet - the perfect background listen (it's a compliment)

Lick In Heaven really is perfect spacey laid back dream-pop :disco: It could have been released at ANY POINT from about 1978-present.

I've been listening to the album on and off since release, and it's only really hitting me now (quite normal with her stuff tbh, she's always been a SLOW BURN with me)

currently OBSESSED with Anyone Around - I need an extended version. also needing some remixes from this album because it's honestly gagging for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom