Katy Perry - Never Really Over

Wow this sounds like everything i wanted from her and more we did it kids. If something like sweet but psycho can reach top 10 I. Don’t see why this banger can’t have a fighting chance, i will be rooting for her!
Katy Perry Never Really Over Ringtone

Last edited:
Sounds like a Taylor Swift song from ten years ago.
It’s alright, but it needs a bigger chorus.

I think I like it, it made me want to listen to it again. I'm not sure how much of a hit it is but what do I know. I actually like the minimalist chorus

It sounds much closer to Teenage Dream than I was ready for.

I hope it’s at least reasonably successful for her.

where are you listening to this?

Will be interesting to see how this does against the Cheryl single in the UK

This is giving me Years and Years vibes

This is giving me Years and Years vibes

this is giving me Zedd/GREY same old tired ass production VIBES like The Middle and Stay

c'mon @POP! back me up on this one, I can't be the only one hearing those :D but YAY for her it's just waht she needs and I like it

this is giving me Zedd/GREY same old tired ass production VIBES like The Middle and Stay

c'mon @POP! back me up on this one, I can't be the only one hearing those :D but YAY for her it's just waht she needs and I like it
SLIGHTLY but don’t push it. I like this, but I want to love this more than I actually like it. I just miss the 2008-2014 heyday of female pop.

I do love a good double chorus and this has an absolutely marvellous one. I think it's better than the Dagny song (which is also very good) but really not super similar.

I can't tell if she has a shot at getting a big hit or not but I assume radio will be on board. I think a Hot 100 top 10 would be a great result.

Seems to have a great start on Spotify which is nice - it's tough to determine whether she is now chart poison, or actually can comeback outside of features and have some big hits. Glad to see it potentially is on track to be somewhat of one.

Yeah the Spotify numbers (6.4m in 2 days) are absolutely fantastic. Should get a top 20 debut on the Hot 100. Chained debuted at #4 but I think this will be a bigger hit over time. 24m views on Youtube since yesterday too.

In the absence of this being a HUGE hit, it certainly feels like the kind of song that could open the door for a subsequent single to be.

The song of summer 2019

KATY TOP TEN:

1. Dark Horse
2. Roar (I used to HATE this)
3. Teenage Dream
4. Last Friday Night (TGIF)
5. E.T.
6. Legendary Lovers
7. International Smile
8. The One That Got Away
9. 365
10. Chained to the Rhythm

this goes in at #7 Australia, #13 UK, #15 US - not a bad start at all

Reactions: SDF
This came on the radio earlier and really clicked. It sounds effortless and just GOOD.

by the way, this is the song that inspired Katy to come up with Never Really Over as she was apparently quite obsessed with it:

It's fucking huge. She also credited Dagny as a writer on NRO despite no direct involvement and the fact that it's not a sample/interpolation, which was sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom