Keith Flint DEAD

Where has this been reported, I'm not seeing it anywhere...

I had an alert from whatever app is prebuilt into Samsung devices.

If it’s not suspicious does that mean it wasn’t suicide?

I just put a bit of Prodigy on for my journey to surgery this afternoon. But it made me feel really angry, so I put some Carpenters on instead.

That's awful. I'm definitely going to need a bit of a Prodigy session this evening.

"Not suspicious" usually just means they're not looking for anyone else in connection with the death. I wonder if his ticker gave out? Poor soul.

Apparently, Prodigy's official Instagram says that he took his own life. :(

Suicide, according to The Guardian :(

Liam Howlett, who formed the group in 1990, confirmed his death was a suicide. “The news is true, I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend,” he wrote on Instagram. “I’m shell shocked, fuckin angry, confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother Liam”.

"Not suspicious" usually just means they're not looking for anyone else in connection with the death. I wonder if his ticker gave out? Poor soul.
In a post on The Prodigy's official Instagram account, bandmate Liam added: "I can't believe I'm saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend.

Oh no. That's dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. Now I'm properly sad. :( :( :(

Suicide seems to be right at the forefront at the moment. I don’t know if it is just here, or if it’s an epidemic throughout the whole UK, but I heard only last week that another young man in his 20’s took his own life. I had a family member with everything to live for take his life last Summer.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

The Prodigy are one of my all time favourite live acts. As a teenager they were so fucking exciting.

They went to shit once the 90s ended but still what a legacy.

Shocking, was never really a fan but anyone who grew up in the 90's can't deny their influence

Horrible. :(

I do like the idea of Keith from The Prodigy as pub landlord though.

They haven't exactly had a huge surge on iTunes. Firestarter at #4 and Breathe at #8, with various others down the chart. Although significantly it appears they've had a resurrection on Spotify, with both songs on the top 50.

we had prodigy for warm up at rehearsals (don't ask) today. i love how people suddenly become big fans of acts once they're dead.

rip, keith flint, he seemed cool. that said the prodigy were shit and their music sounds even more inconsequential than it did back then.

in my opinion.

Like many people on my Facebook, I've loved The Prodigy ever since they started going in 1990 :side-eye: (it wasn't bigger than Bowie, unfortunately)

I wouldn't pretend to be an expert on them beyond the one or two albums I liked, but he seemed cool and an amazing face for a band. If I didn't wear exclusively navy blue all the time then I would definitely have bought that American flag jumper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom