KICK MY ASS :: An Essential Garbage sync listen (TONIGHT 8PM)

This is one I always forget HOW MUCH I like it until it's on - I always forget it's not really a ballad.

We should have got them ALL, plus Hammering In My Head, Dumb and Sleep Together all with videos - actually just release the entire album as singles :evil:

The midtempo chilly groove of "Trick.." is otherwordly. Quite mournful really and those lyrics...

Also I remember finding her really quite sexy in her butch looks and getting terribly confused, so JOB DONE on that count guys.

Androgyny sounds like the song Jewel based her infamous pop whore concept album on.

I don't personally think it's VERY GOOD despite liking the lyrical approach. the rocky chorus is the only enjoyable part.

Well this is where the wheels came off (and waiting 3 years, maybe...) and you can sort of understand why but that entirely pop verse (the "watcha need watcha need bits :disco: ) and then standard rock Garbage chorus. Possibly a tad CLUNKY but I love it

OMG! I can't tell you how many times I thrashed around with my awful shoulder length hair as a 14 year old to Metal Heart, thinking I was EDGY and telling people I'm KINDA INTO METAL NOW.

Metal Heart is probably my favourite from this album, except for the singles I guess :o

I remember an interview around this time where they talked about being very inspired by Missy Elliott and Timbaland for this, which I can hear.

"Untouchable" on beautifulgarbage is the ultimate Garbage does early 00s pop/RnB moment! And is of course fabulous

Reactions: COB
I want to be your friend you can rely on you can LEAN ON AND TRUST
I want to understand so I can FOR-give and be willing TO LOVE

:disco:

omg it's all too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom