Kylie - Magic

The lyric she's teasing of believing in magic is giving me an echo and inner glow of SAINT Etienne. I didn't like whatever that clip was, in isolation at least.

tenor.gif

I enjoyed it! I didn't hear much resemblance to Chained To The Rhythm except maybe the tempo? It feels quite Seventies to me, in a good way.

OMG. on first play I love it.

I definitely hear a lot of Chained to the Rhythm. It's got that sunny, breezy, but underneath slightly dark disco-pop vibe to the production. Love the way the chorus builds and takes its time.

I think I'll be abusing this one quite a bit more than Say Something.

That's presumably the next tour opener, with Say Something the closer.

I mean I quite like it. There are nice touches, but it's not a hugely satisfying whole two listens in.

OMG. on first play I love it.

I definitely hear a lot of Chained to the Rhythm. It's got that sunny, breezy, but underneath slightly dark disco-pop vibe to the production. Love the way the chorus builds and takes its time.

I think I'll be abusing this one quite a bit more than Say Something.

It's basically Chained To The Rhythm with a disco beat. At least @dUb will shut up this time. :D

I do really like it but for me it is too faithful to the genre - it doesn't have the modern disco stylings of a Jessie Ware track for example.

More of a bop than a banger. Where are people listening to it a second time?

I do really like it but for me it is too faithful to the genre - it doesn't have the modern disco stylings of a Jessie Ware track for example.
I think you'll enjoy this album much more if you give up any expectation of modern disco stylings to be honest - the producers Kylie is working with don't have the range

Albeit from the twenty seconds I’ve played. I literally have no idea how Spotify works :D :(

I think you'll enjoy this album much more if you give up any expectation of modern disco stylings to be honest - the producers Kylie is working with don't have the range

Mores the pity. She did say it wouldn't be a pastiche though (not that I'm saying this is).

A couple of listens in and I like it very much. I definitely hear Chained to the Rhythm quite clearly but then I was looking for it. A nice relaxed bit of disco pop.

I do wish they dialled back the horn a bit and went more in on the strings though.

I love that Say Something WASN'T disco and Magic is now TOO disco apparently! :D / :eyes:

I like it quite a lot. Prefer the non-single version. And I totally hear Chained to the Rhythm as well (which remains a good tune to my ears)

And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I'd want Kylie to try and compete with Jessie Ware and Roísín Murphy in that arena.

I love that Say Something WASN'T disco and Magic is now TOO disco apparently! :D / :eyes:

I like it quite a lot. Prefer the non-single version. And I totally hear Chained to the Rhythm as well (which remains a good tune to my ears)

I loved that Say Something wasn't overtly disco but it absolutely had elements of the genre.

I'm enjoying this even more on repeated listens but I've decided I don't enjoy the way it ends and unusually for a Kylie song, there are no adlibs near the fade out.

On first listen, I like it rather than LOVE IT, but that's ok- and it could well be a grower. It's certainly an ear worm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom