• Barry Gardiner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Obviously this is based on a multitude of presumptions but I thought I'd get the conversation started. The general message seems to be a desire for a female leader in the new year.

I think it will be Long Bailey and it will be a DISASTER :zombie:

Emily Thornberry has too much history to lead the party now, the press would have a field day. I don’t think she’s what the electorate want either.

Angela Rayner would be the best option in my opinion.

Sir Keir Stamner is currently leading the odds which I can't see working. He's a proper misery. Jess Phillips seems like the most likeable.

Obviously Queen of Sass Emily Thornberry would be amazing but I suspect she'd be destroyed by the media and unpopular by many. See Michelle Visage is Strictly of Meghan Markle in life.

Of course this all depends on the next election. Labour are likely right now to lose a bunch of seats.

Surely the Momentum crowd would never back Thornberry or Phillips?

I agree, Rebecca Long-Bailey will probably win by default. *sigh*

She physically reminds me a little of both of Ron Swanson's wives.

I’d love Angela Rayner or Dawn Butler but sadly it won’t be either of them.

Fuck Jess Philips, to be quite honest.

Jess Phillips is quite funny, and goes down a storm on Have I Got News For You (very important in a future Prime Minister) but she lost me when (after literally never having a positive word to say about Abbot, Corbyn etc) she was calling Jacob Rees Mogg her friend. Gross.

Angela Rayner is fantastic. She should be the next Labour leader.

I would not have guessed that Jess Phillips is younger than rebecca l-b. But apparently so.

I've not seen much of Rebecca Long-Bailey. Is there any reason why she would be such a disaster as leader?

I think people could get behind Keir.

I think you're right. I couldn't really see it being anyone other than him or Thornberry but perhaps Long-Bailey is being thrown into the crucible in the above debate to see how she fairs.

I've not seen much of Rebecca Long-Bailey. Is there any reason why she would be such a disaster as leader?

She comes across like the North’s answer to Tracey Flick, really not very likeable and not somebody I can see vast swathes of the country uniting behind. There are better options for a future female Labour leader IMO (Angela Rayner being my fave), but she seems to be being pushed forward.

She’s said some stupid things in TV interviews also, but then hasn’t EVERY SINGLE MP ON RECORD.

It sounds awful, but RLB comes across a bit of an idiot in interviews. I'm sure she's not, but theres something about the mannerisms and tone that just doesn't sound like she's coming from a place of authority.

Just in case anyone thinks that is a bit sexist, i find similar in Barry gardener.

It sounds awful, but RLB comes across a bit of an idiot in interviews. I'm sure she's not, but theres something about the mannerisms and tone that just doesn't sound like she's coming from a place of authority.

SEXIST!

Also from what I've seen she has a real habit of answering completely different questions to what she's asked.

Perhaps Ed Milliband should have another go at being leader - it would certainly help in getting rid of the anti-Semitism stigma Labour has acquired under Corbyn.

Perhaps Ed Milliband should have another go at being leader - it would certainly help in getting rid of the anti-Semitism stigma Labour has acquired under Corbyn.

Just as long as he doesn't threaten to recognise Palestine as a country again... Maureen Lipman's been through enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom