Lady Gaga - The Chromatica Era

Promo is happening again for real :o I had my first play of Chromatica in a while today and was pleased to discover I'm still a stan!

new Gagavision behind the scenes of Rain On Me is everything!

the best bit is when Ariana says her stans are out hunting for evidence of Ari stanning Gaga, and Gaga is just like "so cute." the gritted teeth of it all! :disco:

Ugh I’m so fed up with all this STAN nonsense. Stan this and stan that. What a load of old shit.

Hold on to your weave tight @Loufoque
Bish please. She been bald since Stupid Love leaked. No glue is strong enough to have prepared me for the rocket trip to Chromatica (even though we have been accidentally stranded there with no food or water for 4 months, but we survive on a subsistence diet of BOPS, BOPS and MORE BOPS!)

I think I understand where @Whatevar is coming from. Particularly after the (boring) jazz album(?s), the singer/songwriter vibes of Joanne and the massive Hollywood cred with A Star is Born, I suppose that on paper Chromatica would be rather pedestrian and seems like a retrograde step. And I wonder whether there are record company pressures there (apparently her leaked contract seems very restrictive) but this is the Lady Gaga sound I gravitated to in 2009 and I am enjoying this album. Yes it's not groundbreaking or anything but it's still, er, fun for Europe I suppose.

The album definitely came as a surprise for me - I really thought she was heading into a rock pop direction, given her success and the revelation that she could work that sound so well, and given that her era of EDM when she emerged is very dated now.

So a disappointment could have easily been on the cards. But she ended up carefully selecting early 90s house music as her muse and it turned out wonderfully, so I really can’t complain

she just has one of those voices that can do anything, frankly

This was a good listen. She’s discussing her depression during the recording and how working with Bloodpop helped her climb out of it.

OMG!

legit thought she'd draw a line through this era without a single PERF!

Gaga Radio 3, chatting Sine From Above with Elton

Last edited:
INTERESTING that Elton worked on Sine From Above years ago with Swedish House Mafia and discarded it as a load of crap. It sounds like it's the verses that were in the original piece and Gaga wrote the rest.

Who in their right mind is telling her this is their favourite song on the album? :D

Also, 'Daddy E'? Gross af.

There simply are no dips on this album. It's a flatline of excellence and a whollop that hits so hard it's only problem is being able to distinguish isolated tracks after the fact.

She better give us a 15-minute medley, comprising Chromatica II / 911, Alice, Stupid Love, Rain on Me and... of course... BABYLON :disco:

And then immediately drop an album of "alternate" mixes.

3 MONTHS UPDATE

10 (+1) Alice
10 (=) Stupid Love
08 (-2) Rain On Me
09 (-1) Free Woman
08 (=) Fun Tonight
04 (-3) 911
06 (-4) Plastic Doll
03 (+1) Sour Candy
06 (-1) Enigma
06 (-1) Replay
05 (-4) Sine From Above
09 (-1) 1000 Doves
05 (-2) Babylon

some tracks really dipped in quality.

Alice, Stupid Love and 1000 Loves are the only Top 100 Songs of 2020 contenders for me.

the way Joanne stans won. she needs to go back to making real music.

that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom