Lana Del Ray - Say Yes To Heaven

New SINGAL? (that's not on the album, okay)

this is from the rumoured leaks and leftovers album! can't believe it's finally coming on streaming :o apparently it's been reproduced and is being sent to radio. it went semi Tik Tok viral.

with both versions combined she's #1 on UK with Say Yes to Heaven, and top ten US :o

Amazing streaming figures :o

Hopefully enough to debut on the Hot 100. Would be her first solo track to do so since "Doin' Time".

Can a @Moderator split the last 7 posts into its own thread please :googlyeyes:? "Lana Del Rey - Say Yes to Heaven + Unreleased Projects" or something

Still better than "A&W"'s best day. Also, several of her albums had their best streaming day ever, or since their first year out.

a.png

I'm baffled. Was it big in Lana circles before being released? I'd never heard of it!

And it's... fine, it's rather plain and I can see why it didn't make an album 🤷‍♂️

I'm baffled. Was it big in Lana circles before being released? I'd never heard of it!

And it's... fine, it's rather plain and I can see why it didn't make an album 🤷‍♂️
It was originally recorded for Ultraviolence in 2013. It's a collaboration with Rick Nowels who was prominent in every album until Lust for Life. It was re-worked for several subsequent albums, but never released until now. Many of those versions leaked throughout the years and it became a fan favorite. It apparently started getting traction on TikTok, which prompted this release.

I think it's nice but nothing groundbreaking. She's given us better leaks imo ("I Talk to Jesus" and "Fine China")

Jesus, she can be really messy. Release a 78 minujte album which has all the cohesion of a 3 year old's Lego set and then go "hey, enough of that - he's some stuff that I thought was a bit shit but, fuck it, there's a few quid in this TikTok malarky".

or, to frame it differently, constantly releases both new and old material to the delight of her fans :eyes: other pop girls could do with being that messy!

Depends when she releases it but if there *is* a full album of archive stuff and it arrives too quickly after a lengthy studio album, it will look like she's burying it. I mean, are you honestly telling me the whole Chemtrails into Blue Banisters roll out wasn't just a tad shambolic?

Germany

41 (NEW) 01 Say Yes To Heaven

Lithuania

21 (NEW) 01 Say Yes To Heaven

Sweden

28 (NEW) 01 Say Yes To Heaven

Happy for it but I just don't get it. She has plenty of beautiful, and actually quite simple poppy songs out there like Mariners Apartment Complex and THIS is getting all the streams and becoming one of her biggest hits in a long time? Okay, go off.

I’m sorry but there is definitely something fishy going on with her streaming figures this past year. It’s not like she’s dramatically changed her sound or had some major cultural moment, but suddenly she’s routinely getting these enormous Spotify debuts? It just doesn’t make sense…

I’m sorry but there is definitely something fishy going on with her streaming figures this past year. It’s not like she’s dramatically changed her sound or had some major cultural moment, but suddenly she’s routinely getting these enormous Spotify debuts? It just doesn’t make sense…
:D

Historically her streaming numbers have always been strong except for the two COVID era flops, which had zero promo or fanfare. She’s got an enormous playlist reach with Say Yes to Heaven (it was just added to todays top hits). Obviously that benefits it to a great extent but playlisting is not unique to Lana. I am not seeing any evidence of auto play. Her streams across the board have been seeing a resurgence since Blue Banisters, and the last album, Snow on the Beach etc have bolstered that effect. She’s also had a number of tiktok viral hits (Mariners, Stargirl, SYTH, Summertime Sadness, to name a few).

What is so fishy about it?

Well, this one has an actual melody, a catchy chorus and it's probably a b-side, of course the general public were gonna make it a hit.

She's an UNDERGROUND SUCCESS!

• Care
Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom