Lithuania 2023: Monika Linkytė - Stay

Speaking of THE ROOP, Daddy Roop seems to have decided to go full on nudist and spends a vast majority of his time on Instagram on TINY PANTS and not much else should anybody be interested.

He was doing a VERY IN DEPTH visual guide to his morning workout the other day which mainly seemed to focus on showing off his bulge and BUM HOLE though said TINY PANTS!

He was very sultry AND sexy at the Euroclub last year :horny:

I find this entry unspeakably BIZARRE, especially coming from LITHUANIA (at a touch I'd perhaps accept it as a Portuguese entry perhaps).
She had a big diaspora advantage in a televote-only semi final - but I've somehow ended up on deciding the whole thing is rather CHARMING if odd -

The bit where she shrieks STAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY whilst the backing singers sing their chant is also extremely memorable and has been stuck in my head all morning.

Excited for yet another SUBTLE SLAY from a Lithuanian Monika in the Final televote reveal :disco:

Also a slight WHIFF of PORK MARKETS??

0_Liz-Truss-campaign-rally-Cirencester-UK-11-Aug-2022.jpg

I put a bet on this to come top 10 before they qualified (only about a fiver but it would have netted me 100 quid or so).

They came 11th. By about two points :basil:

I know they weren't 10th but I FULLY BLAME ESTONIA for this

I thought this had a FANTASTIC draw in the final.
It really POPPED as a slightly sober (but still a bit WEIRD) tonic to a lot of the crazy in the tail end of the final, and the sheer professionalism on display helped keep it memorable.
There's probably an argument to be made for Monika having the best vocal in the show.

Lithuania have given us 3 (4 with On Fire) slightly left-of-centre pop smash entries in a row now, and are rapidly becoming one of my fave Eurovision countries. Sending some of their biggest home-grown artists really seems to be paying off for them :disco:

I put a bet on this to come top 10 before they qualified (only about a fiver but it would have netted me 100 quid or so).

They came 11th. By about two points :basil:

I know they weren't 10th but I FULLY BLAME ESTONIA for this
Was ALSO lightly chafed by coming just two points from my 9/1 bet on this to come top ten (placed after the semis) coming through, but as mentioned elsewhere I'd also bet on Estonia top 10, so overall still quite delighted :basil:

I've also delved into some on Monika's BACK CAT, and PO DANGUM is one of the best songs I've EVER HEARD!
Apparently it's one of the biggest Lithuanian-language songs of all time -

It's not a BORING BALLAD. It's a wonky Robyn/Susanne Sundfør-style miserable AF electronic pop song :disco:

Oh this IS wonderful!

I've also delved into some on Monika's BACK CAT, and PO DANGUM is one of the best songs I've EVER HEARD!
Apparently it's one of the biggest Lithuanian-language songs of all time -

It's not a BORING BALLAD. It's a wonky Robyn/Susanne Sundfør-style miserable AF electronic pop song :disco:

YES, and “Wrong” is great too. There’s an underlying sinisterness to those songs. “Walk With Me” could have been on Beyoncé’s 4 album.

Gosh the way this has crept up on me and is possibly my second fave of the year now after Tattoo?? It's just SO CATCHY! There's ALWAYS ONE isn't there.

Also I apologise, as previously I'd stated that the song and presentation was giving me THE LION KING, when a bit of digging reveals the chant means "I'm sorry" in ancient Lithuanian, and the stage presentation is inspired by Lithuanian folklore. CORRECTION: it's actually giving me BREATH OF THE WILD instead :disco:

I do wish Estonia had selected literally ANYTHING else, as I suspect this would have properly mopped up jury votes had the Bridges COLLAPSED!
11th was still a fantastic result however!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom