Lithuania 2023: Monika Linkytė - Stay

Ruta Loop won the first semi-final overall:

This opera warmup won the televoting of the semi-final :D :

I don't know how they came up with the staging angle but I hope this HIPPIE AVRIL LAVIGNE ALBUM TRACK filler qualifies from the other semi-final on Saturday. :disco:

This lovely ended up winning the Second Semi-Final Televoting by a large margin :disco: I think she was something like 6th with the jury though so not a contender sadly. :(

These were the jury favourites, with Beatrich winning the semi-final combined voting overall:

Last edited:
Televoting Scores across the two Semi-Finals:
cc2e1fee208b61ec52c0a9d54e5c909f123ea442.pnj

c53e673289a705b7d2d3fc3e5e7270645688daec.pnj

These will surely multiply by almost, if not tenfold in the Final but I hope this means Ruta MUR has the slight edge over Beatrich. The opera quartet will having less sway in the Final and I suspect the jury will sink Moon Bee.

Just watching the Lithuanian recap and there's definitely promise there.

Monica is back and she looks great with a hot new trim and this song is bonkers.

Monika wins. She sounded better than the guy who finished second judging by the recap.

It's got just a touch of Self Esteem about it, hasn't it?

Not bad, but I don't think we needed another ballad in that semi.

It's OK, will probably flop out in the semis along with all the other entries.

Reactions: GNL
I think it'll qualify. It's better than the Estonian dirge, and Lithuania have a decent base.

I think it'll grow. It just sounds strange to these ears at the moment, like 5 songs all playing at once. It's at least a lot more interesting than the first verse showed it to be...

It's probably qualifying. That semi has a very low bar and, as @VoR alludes to, Lithuania tend to have a very active voter diaspora. Even dirges like Attention and Rain of Revolution (which basically everyone hated!) came astonishingly close to making it.

I think it's going to be quite a hard song to like after one listen.

It becomes quite a good song. Up the production a bit and hopefully they'll be onto a finalist.

It's not really a ballad, is it? I mean, any more than The Mamas - Move was a ballad at least.

Quite stirring when it gets going.

It started out fairly average but I ended up quite liking how it built! Incidentally, what I thought were just vocalisations is actually “Čiūtą, o tūto” which means “I’m sorry”

I really hope they upload the performance of her new song, it's QUITE ASTONISHING

Very much the definition of NICE BUT DULL.

When will countries learn that the televote winner should always win the tiebreak, not the jury winner.

I love how she shipped in some backing singers from the UK for this, only for them to be singing a chant in LITHUANIAN throughout :eyes:

This year's entry is nice, but feels a bit of a climbdown after the GLORY YEARS of The Roop x 2 and the mysterious, mystifying and utterly BEWITCHING unique talents of Monika Liu.

This slightly bizarre Jimmy-Somerville-meets-Alma 80s pastiche would have been a lot more in keeping with their entries, and a nice curio to add into this year's selection. Shame they didn't go for it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom