Livin' Joy - Dreamer

Love, life and laughter

• Total voters

Eileen

All the better to see you with, my dear.
The quintessential #1 house record. Surely loved by ALL (except VoR).

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfection. Janice, who is a bit of a God freak now, had some issues with the guys who didn't want her to get any royalties. The song is everlasting. Too bad there isn't much more material where they all worked together (they produced two earlier tracks for her as a solo act). The Rollo and Tenerife mixes are also incredible.

We should all just give this a 0 to piss off Eileen.

10,000/10

Possibly my favourite song EVER. It's certainly my GO TO SONG.

Although that PARTICULAR MIX in the video would not be my FAVOURITE.

I am constantly astonished it's never been SAMPLED or REMIXED. Don't get me wrong, it's a bit of a SACRED GOAT for me, so it would be close to SLAYING MY MOTHER, but it's not like it's a FORGOTTEN CLASSIC.

Fabulous.

I love that it is just remembered enough but never overplayed like Set You Free.

I'm choosing to believe VoR's 7 is for the Tameka version (although that one has a good Wayne G remix).

The song I'd compare it to in terms of being re-released and over-exposed would be Robin S's Show Me Love (but her DJ Tonka remixes kind of justify all that for me). I've not heard Set U Free in a club in just under 10 years.

I don't HATE IT, I just don't quite GET IT.

I have the same blind spot with it that I have with Into The Groove. It's NICE ENOUGH but doesn't really do anything for me.

But I accept I'm in the gay minority.

You've no soul VOR!

11 Dreamer
09 Don't Stop Movin'
07 Follow The Rules
10 Where Can I Find Love
05 Deep In You

I don't HATE IT, I just don't quite GET IT.

I have the same blind spot with it that I have with Into The Groove. It's NICE ENOUGH but doesn't really do anything for me.

But I accept I'm in the gay minority.
Do you remember it from the time?

Oh yes. Amazing. Sixth form at school was played everywhere .

As fresh today as it was then .

The crazy thing is that it makes certified 10/10 max track Don't Stop Movin' sound BASIC!

10 Dreamer
10 Don't Stop Movin'
08 Follow The Rules
10 Where Can I Find Love

I try to block Deep In You out - not even a remix to let it join the others, ever. Whenever You're Lonely or Don't Cha Wanna would have both been better choices.

Whenever You're Lonely is my album track of CHOICE.

Where Can I Find Love SHOULD have been another huge hit. Follow the Rules was a MIS-STEP.

We should all just give this a 0 to piss off Eileen.

I decided that, rather than thinking UGH yet again as another one of my most hated tracks of my youth is posted, I'd post some of my OWN.

I was over the moon with Follow The Rules ("of-a-live") on my Now CD back when I was too young and too thick to know when dance acts had follow-ups coming out.

Last edited:
I should make PICK UP THE PHONE my ringtone.

I didn't know this was only a hit in the UK. I thought this was huge all over Europe.

11 Dreamer
11 Don't Stop Movin'
10 Follow The Rules
10 Where Can I Find Love
10 Deep In You

YES :disco:

This was one of the BIG songs I remember from when I first started going out on the scene :disco:

I was a late starter...

A no-brainer

I remember having moments to this as young as 10yo and it has only grown over time

Last edited:
Quite possibly my favourite song of its genre.

https://www.moopy.co.uk/showthread.php?82301-Livin-Joy-Dreamer&daysprune=365

AHEM?

Oh I don't want to vote now and ruin it :D

A hypothetical 8 from me. I like it a lot, I preferred Don't stop movin', or weirdly Corona's Baby Baby. Remember all of them pretty vividly

I do really like it, but I find the vocal too irritating to give top marks. Sorry gays :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom