Livin' Joy - Dreamer

Love, life and laughter

• Total voters
Never been less than a 10 from the first time I heard it at 10 years old, at 3.55pm just before the top 40 countdown on Sunday 30th April 1995. A week later it was #1.

It's obviously incredible, but there are still other 90s dance songs that are better in my opinion, such as Children and Cafe Del Mar.

As a vox fan (if you could ever describe the noise Maria Naylor makes as VOX :D ) I prefer One & One

I quite liked Fable after the event. I just felt that in 1996/1997 dance music had moved on and the Casio keyboard piano tinklings of Robert Miles weren't it. Then again, I didn't like Seven Days and One Week at the time and I love it now.

One & One is definitely the queens' choice when it comes to Robert Miles

I love it too
Mixed opinions on La Moop... https://www.moopy.co.uk/showthread.php?65365-One-amp-One-Robert-Miles-featuring-Maria-Nayler

When did Alex Range sneak in and besmirch this with a ZERO? The MISERABLE LITTLE NANCY

Anyway, I'm having a Sunday frug to 'Don't Stop Movin' :disco: :disco: :disco:

I feel an ALEX PARTY coming on (to which THAT Alex will NOT be invited :evil:)

Last edited by a moderator:
In one week, it will TWENTY YEARS since this reached number one.

Celebrate with the rather substandard Moopy TOTP performance, which I've become rather obsessed with. Complete with a frilly pink dress that only exist to SHOW TITS, the rent a gay 90s dancers showing off the moves that any provincial gay club attendee would be proud of, and at 2:20 there appears to be a member of the audience actually enjoying the song at the forefront of the shot, albeit in an ape like fashion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fyXRF9csYBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not what it should be, then I imagine the Italian of shoe strong budget was probably uttered somewhere along the line.

This was played on Radio 1 this afternoon. I think I overrated this a little with a 10. The backing could be a bit better.

Yes, and JX has always been a bit downbeat, with Shena holding back too much, and Olga de Souza might have cracked a smile now and then.

I only realised today that the lyrics don't actually make much sense and aren't exactly grammatically correct :D

Which means that it's EVEN MORE FABULOUS THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS

Bible basher Janice's throaty purr n' roar vocal turn is something else. I love the main edits, but am especially fond of the Loveland's Viva Tenerife mix - you may as well have a piano fall from the sky on top of you, along with the Rollo remix it takes the song as far as it can go. I must get back to my stagnant 90s dance countdown.

Last edited:
I only realised today that the lyrics don't actually make much sense and aren't exactly grammatically correct :D

Which means that it's EVEN MORE FABULOUS THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS

That mix is like real good, but my fave was the Junior Vasquez mix. He knew he couldn't compete with the original riff so didn't put it through a filter or anything and just used it as it was :disco:

I was a bit annoyed this was reissued, but I'm glad some lax chart rule made it #1 (believe Oasis had it on formats, always some silly format rule around, especially in the 90s and few worthy beneficiaries).

This banger of the ages is back in the charts. It's DEEPLY OVERDUE.

Up to #8.

I anticipate that's its lot and it probably won'tr chart, but pleasing non the less.

Does X Factor still get a Sunday afternoon repeat? That may help keep it afloat a little.

Can someone delete that little wankstain Alex Range's vote?

Without any special effort this was my 4th most played song on my Spotify 2020 thing. After over 25 years I still default to this beauty.

As work continues on my as yet unreleased "Sorb's top 400 90s dance songs from every year of the decade" (working title), I have lapsed into a Livin' Joy coma over this remix all over again (believe me, Lonnie).

I would give it 100000000000000000000000 but they rhymed love with love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom