Liz Phair - new album Soberish OUT NOW

Another new song. My favourite so far, this is absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, I’m enjoying this one a lot too and I’m liking the lyrics a lot. I’m filing it with Liz’s best sad songs with ‘Fuck and Run’ and ‘Table For One’.

I was literally going to say the same, except it was Lizbians instead of Phagettes! How odd. Can’t wait to play this later, reviews are stellar.

I had a quick listen before work and “Dosage” is such a highlight.

This is a great interview too. She basically retcons her entire career and claims whitechocolatespacegg was her last studio album :D She absolutely refuses to acknowledge Somebody’s Miracle.

They also used my video of her appearance on Charmed I uploaded many moons ago. I screamed.

Yes I saw that and wondered why no mention of Somebody’s Miracle. I can get what she said about Funstyle (I laughed in an interview where she said it would have been terrible if she had died and that was her last album) and I think I can accept what she said about Liz Phair at a very generous push.

I really like the first few tracks (Spanish Doors, Hey Lou) but the mid-section really sags for such a short album.

When it was finished I switched straight over to her self titled record. :basil:

I love most of it, but I suspect a chunk of that is the nostalgia.

The lyrics are brilliant of course. I love her humor.

The Game and Good Side are excellent. Also, Sheridan Road mentions my neighborhood :disco:

I decided to buy the vinyl today as I was in town at lunchtime only to find the indie store didn’t bother ordering it in and HMV ordered in a grand total of ONE copy that he said was sold on release day.

Oh actually that’s the Villains Parade that afternoon. Will we be exhausted?

I had it spoilt for me by a review. I wonder how long it would have taken me to be honest!

Shall we attempt our Soberish Syncette this coming Sunday? I don’t think it clashes with anything this time?

It crossed my mind it might be only because of the timeline but then I heard her mention Henry for the first time today for some reason and it clicked. I’ve been listening on the go so haven’t sat down with the lyrics in front of me yet.

I’m working Sunday but evening should be fine if it suits any of the others who may be interested.

Poor Liz. Well I’m here, hungover and distracted desperately willing my pizza cure to arrive right now even though I barely ordered it 3 minutes ago.

I’m fine to do this another time when we can swell the numbers to 3 or 4 if you prefer, it’s an album I’ll be at the sync for anytime that I’m free.

I’m going to give her streams a boost now anyway while I wait and discuss it with myself internally.

Well I’m happy to go ahead, but yes let’s see if any more Lizbians show up.

Let’s make it 7:30 then! Can you put it in the topic title please?

Sorry guys. Liz Phair no longer appearing at Alanis Morissette with special guest Garbage and also appearing Liz Phair :(

Screenshot_20210724-092140_Facebook.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom