Luxembourg 2024: Tali - Fighter

I hope they get/send another Kindergarden teacher who've just ended her shift singing a BOUNCY DITTY FROM THE 70s in Luxembourgish again. :disco:

2A6AAECC-A764-4470-8D5A-29AA821224E2.jpeg

Barring withdrawals (obviously Romania are looking a bit shaky at the moment), I'm lightly optimistic we might be on track for 41 next year now, with North Macedonia/Montenegro back and Monaco too :disco:

I’m picturing you all in a 3 bed pebble dashed semi in the Wirral suburbs.

• Love
Reactions: COB
We do need more TALES FROM THE HOVEL to be honest, who will be first to write the tell-all book about it? And well done Luxembourg.

Genuinely have their 1993 entry as one of my favourite entries of the 90s, it constantly pops up in my head unbidden :disco: they have a huge Portuguese population so their televote will probably go that way.

In other important news:

https://eurovoix.com/2023/05/12/🇦🇩-andorra-susanne-georgis-campaign-to-bring-andorra-back-to-eurovision-continues/

(Although this has been going on for years now :()

Just putting this hear on the off-chance that I get to be smug in a year's time, but I reckon this lady is a likely candidate for Luxembourg next year. I assume they'll want to make a point of sending somebody from the country for their first year, and she was born there and now works in Italy.

This song has 18 million on Spotify

This one with Bob Sinclar also has 9 mill, and thankfully has a bit more life about it

Reactions: Hak
Nyv attempted to get into Sanremo in 2018 and 2019 but didn't qualify from Sanremo Giovani. I think she has a performance style you either love or hate.

• Sad
Reactions: Hak
I wonder if rejects from other countries, while surely applying for both, if they will apply for San Marino or Luxembourg first. What a dilemna :o

I’d be surprised if they don’t keep it local - they went local since restructuring RTL in 1990. Plus Luxembourg has a higher population than Malta or Iceland and there’s been a big push on Luxembourgish music in the past few years (awards shows etc) - it’d be very weird for the government to push for the return in order to send a foreign act.

I’d be surprised if they don’t keep it local - they went local since restructuring RTL in 1990. Plus Luxembourg has a higher population than Malta or Iceland and there’s been a big push on Luxembourgish music in the past few years (awards shows etc) - it’d be very weird for the government to push for the return in order to send a foreign act.
Yep - think it is important to see Luxembourg as more than a minnow. This isn’t San Marino, Andorra etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom