Luxembourg 2024: Tali - Fighter

Luxembourgish is essentially the same language as what is spoken just over the border in North-Rhine Westphalia, where it's just considered a dialect of German. It's a fairly classic example of becoming a full on 'language' thanks to having the backing of a nation state. French is the dominant language of business as there are a huge number of non-Luxembourgers living and working in Luxembourg. The government will actually fund you to learn Luxembourgish should you want to become a citizen.

I have to say it's a great little country. All the buses, trains and trams are free to hop on and off, the main city is surprisingly lively and the scenery is quite lovely. Let them have a crack at hosting it one year, I say! It'd be a very chilled out Eurovision, but I reckon they could pull it off.

IMG_3417.jpeg

It is true that the gay scene appears rather… nonexistent. Apparently there are a few friendly clubs but nothing dedicated.

I had to content myself with a quick wank over the bewitching Camillo Felgen :disco:

Their 1961 winner was the first gay winner and the lyrics specifically about gay love in an era when it was mostly criminalised :disco:

Definitely a jury top 5 if they send that

It is true that the gay scene appears rather… nonexistent. Apparently there are a few friendly clubs but nothing dedicated.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate, to be fair there isn't a huge scene of "anything" - but pretty much every place is LGBTQIA+-friendly and the entire city is very relaxed and feels inclusive. Been to Lux quite a lot over the years.

Another plus is the big Portuguese community, so it's basically the best place in Europe outside of Portugal to get Galao and Pasteis De Nata o'clock :disco:

Reactions: VoR
He's just released a new single that clocks in at three minutes.

Pleasant enough. I'd hope for something a bit more exciting for Luxembourg's BIG COMEBACK though. That could very easily get lost in the shuffle.

Is it just me or does he sound a bit Sam Ryder-ish?

Live auditions have taken place over the past few days, the jury was the most common denominator of all those figures that turn up at all of these NF juries, so they've really wasted no time in becoming just like the other countries despite 30 years off :D

2fa426a9d10b511d05afa2a817f7227e.jpeg

Though they didn't specify the number of eligible entries nor disclose how many were submitted by Y*** & L****.
LyndSAY is available with her Maltese hit-to-be ‘Fireproof’

• Love
Reactions: Hak
The artists have been revealed. CHAiLD and Edsun appeaar to be the ones with the highest profile, the rest are mostly random Luxembourgers who appeared on 'The Voice' in one of their neighbouring countries.

The songs are out

They're a tad... generic. Fighter is the best of the bunch on first listen and has a bit of something about it at least.

Generally really bland - sounds like a Maltese or UK national final from the last 2010s when they were just full of Scandi rejects.

It really has to be one of these two:

LOVE Fighter. Definitely potential there.

CHAiLD's song was written by Jimmy Jansson, Thomas G:son and Peter Boström so presumably is an MF reject :D they've really lost no time in coming back with an NF full of bland songs from songwriting camps. Fighter or One Last Time are probably the ones with most potential to qualify.

Yeah Fighter is the best of a dull bunch.

The quality has put a bit of dampener on Luxembourg‘s GLORIOUS RETURN though :(

Generally really bland - sounds like a Maltese or UK national final from the last 2010s when they were just full of Scandi rejects.

Their HoD is the (former?) head of OGAE Luxembourg and has spent the last two decades FAWNING over acts such as Sarah Dawn Finer (as seen below), what did you EXPECT?

Today’s the day for this! They seem to be going relatively all out for a small broadcaster (who for years point blank said they had no money for entertainment :eyes:). You can watch live at https://play.rtl.lu/live/rtl and you can also vote from abroad if you so desire.

It’s just a shame that all this effort and excitement is backed up with a bunch of rather bland songs :(

I've come around to thinking both Tali and Krick could do fairly well for them (i.e. get to the finals).

Today’s the day for this! They seem to be going relatively all out for a small broadcaster (who for years point blank said they had no money for entertainment :eyes:). You can watch live at https://play.rtl.lu/live/rtl and you can also vote from abroad if you so desire.

It’s just a shame that all this effort and excitement is backed up with a bunch of rather bland songs :(

Luxembourg is RICH, though…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom