Madonna Survivor: The 2000s (Round 6)

VOTE TO ELIMINATE! (up to 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
"Celebration" and "Die Another Day" OUT and we still haven't lost a COADF single.

giphy.gif
angry die another day GIF

VOTE TO ELIMINATE

20. Hey You
19. Revolver
18. Me Against the Music
17. Miles Away
15. American Pie
15. American Life
14. Give It 2 Me
12. Nothing Fails
12. 4 Minutes
11. Hollywood
10. Love Profusion
9. Celebration
8. Die Another Day

Slim pickings now! Sorry and Music might be the worst of this bunch for me.

WIFLFAG
Sorry

Sorry is a good fun for the gays moment but definitely out of its depth here. as a song there's not much to it beyond the dead-eyed chorus.

Jump shits all over the genuinely ATROCIOUS Music. I've never understood the love for the latter.

we're only losing one this time right? I think in the next round a couple will go before Don't Tell Me.

My incredulity is showing in patches at the creamy smooth pop icon goddess brilliance of WIFLFAG being the target of, let's face it, sheep! My crabs on the other hand are showing all over - not left the house in days.

Which version go What It Feels Like for a Girl would have been played on the radio or tv at the time? The original or the Above and Beyond remix?

Jump is definitely better than Music and WIFLFAG but it is NOT better than Don't Tell Me

IMO :)

Also just popping in to say once again that Sorry is a hateful piece of shit, notgonnalie

Did radio even play it? :shock:

Absolutely they did! In the UK and Europe it was a big radio hit. And it wouldn’t have gotten nearly top 20 in the US on zero airplay. It must have been a fairly sizeable US airplay hit

Hung Up only getting to 42 on US radio while number 1 on sales is ridiculous

Hung Up only getting to 42 on US radio while number 1 on sales is ridiculous

She’d been blacklisted over the American Life controversy by that point, though. Plus coming back with an uber-gay disco track is never going to help your cause.

And finally, that #1 sales probably isn’t that representative as were they including downloads at that point? If not, then the level of sales would be rather low…

She’d been blacklisted over the American Life controversy by that point, though. Plus coming back with an uber-gay disco track is never going to help your cause.

And finally, that #1 sales probably isn’t that representative as were they including downloads at that point? If not, then the level of sales would be rather low…
It’s the digital sales chart, so only downloads. I’m not sure if there were cd singles as well

It’s the digital sales chart, so only downloads. I’m not sure if there were cd singles as well

Oh. Still, it was that odd crossover period. But yes, it was a lot more popular than its US chart position suggests.

Worldwide, it’s interesting that Hung Up is considered one of the biggest selling singles of all time despite sales having begun to tank. If it had been released at the turn of the century, it would likely have had an insane level of sales…

Absolutely they did! In the UK and Europe it was a big radio hit. And it wouldn’t have gotten nearly top 20 in the US on zero airplay. It must have been a fairly sizeable US airplay hit

I don't know, I just find it odd since it struck me as the least radio-ready single of the three, besides it being a mid-tempo chilled song that goes almost for 5 minutes I thought they relied heavily on the physical single sales and video/club airplay.

I remember first hearing Sorry. The album leaked but I was still in that stage of waiting for the physical. I decided to download Sorry as I knew it was the second single. I was astounded and played it over and over again on repeat. Burnt it on a cd and took it in the car. Hours and hours. For a while it was very much in my top 5 Madonna songs ever, though it has faded now. It’s still corking, though, and a perfect second single.

I don't know, I just find it odd since it struck me as the least radio-ready single of the three, besides it being a mid-tempo chilled song that goes almost for 5 minutes I thought they relied heavily on the physical single sales and video/club airplay.

There was a radio edit if I remember…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom