Madonna Survivor: The 2000s (Round 6)

VOTE TO ELIMINATE! (up to 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you talking about Hung Up (as we were)? There was no DVD single for that I don’t think…

I mean WITFLFAG!

The Confession singles all received a physical CD US domestic releases as maxi-singles, the tracklists were massive.

The stunning 1-2-3-4 of Hung Up, Get Together, Sorry and Future Lovers was horribly misleading on first listen as I started thinking OMG THE WHOLE ALBUM WILL BE THIS AMAZING only for I Love New York to raise its fucking ugly head. However I imagine this was a common complaint :)

I Love New York and Push were the only awful tracks, unless I’m forgetting something else, the rest are all good.

Push is great. The album needed a break from the europop and it was nice to hear a harkback to the 90s trippy shit.

Why do you not like Push? There’s an air of Goldfrapp’s Black Cherry Album for me :disco:

It sounded basic and annoying and like a song that didn’t make it on Shania’s Oriental version of Up! (was that the green or the blue cd? :))

Back in 2005 (before the horrors that we later were subjected to) Push and ILNY were her two worst songs, in my opinion.

Push is great. The album needed a break from the europop and it was nice to hear a harkback to the 90s trippy shit.

Oh so it was techno and r&b?

Not even using that same sample that Mariah uses on Fantasy could make me like it.

It sounded basic and annoying and like a song that didn’t make it on Shania’s Oriental version of Up! (was that the green or the blue cd? :))

Back in 2005 (before the horrors that we later were subjected to) Push and ILNY were her two worst songs, in my opinion.

In a world where "Nobody's Perfect" exists, NAH :eyes:

So excited for the 10s round that I’ve just shat blood :disco:

E8A1DD0A-D8D4-4501-8199-AA102970B658.gif

I hope @POP! adds Back That Up to the 10’s set because that basic shit (that was fun for about 3 days) is better than all the rest.

I hope he saves it for a very short, albeit ESSENTIAL 20s round featuring all her tikTok shart hits :disco:
Yes, including the must have DEMO VERSION, SPED UP VERSION and whatever other tat there is. VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES GIRLS!

Confessions definitely has the last-third slump but so to a lesser degree does Ray of Light and even Erotica. her best albums have always been a bit front loaded. and those first 9 tracks (including I Love New York and the legendary dork rhyme) really are wall to wall FIRE.

Even the PSB mix?
I'm so sorry but I can't rate that remix. It just feels like Neil Tennant was so clearly desperate to have his rubbish dead-pan vocals in a Madonna track that they dragged it out for as long as possible (and yes I know that both PSB and Madonna have respect for each other, but still!).

I'm so sorry but I can't rate that remix. It just feels like Neil Tennant was so clearly desperate to have his rubbish dead-pan vocals in a Madonna track that they dragged it out for as long as possible (and yes I know that both PSB and Madonna have respect for each other, but still!).
I’m trying to find a PSB remix of another artist’s song which has some value to it - usually they’re the kiss of death. I suppose THIS is vaguely alright but I’d rather have the original DANKE

I’m trying to find a PSB remix of another artist’s song which has some value to it - usually they’re the kiss of death.
*Monica from 'Friends'*: "I know!!"

It's like they take an already practically perfectly recorded and mixed track and just throw in an extra programming arrangement and a drum beat and a synth or two here and there, and THEN thrust Neil Tennant's bored shitty vocals into your ears. A PSB mix by numbers.

*Monica from 'Friends'*: "I know!!"

It's like they take an already practically perfectly recorded and mixed track and just throw in an extra programming arrangement and a drum beat and a synth or two here and there, and THEN thrust Neil Tennant's bored shitty vocals into your ears. A PSB mix by numbers.
:D “Chris! Make it sound as DATED AS POSSIBLE!”

It’s the digital sales chart, so only downloads. I’m not sure if there were cd singles as well
CD single sales were minuscule by 2005 (they died off around 2000-2001) but the COADF singles got a commercial release here IIRC. Digital sales counted toward Hot 100 by early 2005, and taking off by that point, so that benefited it. "Hung Up" got a huge push on MTV, so I remember her being quite visible, but radio didn't really touch it.

Confessions definitely has the last-third slump but so to a lesser degree does Ray of Light and even Erotica. her best albums have always been a bit front loaded. and those first 9 tracks (including I Love New York and the legendary dork rhyme) really are wall to wall FIRE.

Ray of Light where the last third contains Frozen and The Power of Goodbye, the two best songs on the album?

NAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom