Malta 2022: Emma Muscat - I Am What I Am

auretz

User
First time posting a thread (and what a thread to start with) :D The Maltese national final is back after a couple of years away, the lineup is out:

Nicole Hammett - A Lover’s Heart
Jessica Grech - Aphrodisiac
Janice Mangion - Army
Denise Mercieca - Boy
Matt BLXCK - Come Around
Baklava Ft Nicole - Electric Indigo
Sarah Bonnici - HEAVEN
Richard Micallef - Hey Little
Norbert Bondin - How special you are
Derrick Schembri - II
Nicole Azzopardi - Into The Fire
Jessica Muscat - Kaleidoscope
Miriana Conte - Look what you’ve done now
Emma Muscat - Out Of Sight
Raquel Galdes Briffa - Over You
Jade Vella - REVELACIÓN
Francesca Sciberras - RISE
Aidan Cassar - Ritmu
Mark Athony Bartolo - Serenity
Enya Magri - SHAME
Malcolm Pisani - We Came For LOVE
Rachell Lowell - White Doves

Jessica Muscat is the Jessica from San Marino 2018, Richard Micallef was the main singer in Firelight (Malta 2014).

Baklava have been trying out since 2009, they had a quite nice VIOLIN MANIA WITH ROPEY VOCALS in 2011:

Janice Mangion came 2nd in the 2017 National Final with a Maltese ballad:

Besides some with one or two participations in past National Finals, most of the other acts are newcomers so will interesting to see what they come up with.

Aidan Cassar is a likely frontrunner, this song was a big summer hit in Malta. He performs primarily in Maltese, which would be an interesting change for Malta. Give or take a line or two, they haven't had a song in their own language since 1972.

Aidan Cassar is a likely frontrunner, this song was a big summer hit in Malta. He performs primarily in Maltese, which would be an interesting change for Malta. Give or take a line or two, they haven't had a song in their own language since 1972.

This is fun - perhaps Malta should get on-board with singing in English less (granted it is one of their official tongues). Last year showed you don’t need necessarily need it.

Also, who knew there was a second person called Enya?

I reckon Emma Muscat will win. She’s made a career for herself in Italy and is probably the biggest name on paper.

Looks like Aidan Cassar has written five of the songs in the line-up; will be a bit strange for him if he loses to one of his others!

On the other hand, how nice for them if they've finally managed to discover a homegrown heir apparent to the legendary VELLA 'N' BORG :disco:

Vella & Borg are behind Jessica of Who We Are's entry! (Plus Baklava and Jessica Grech). Last time (?) they collaborated, we got blatant Euphoria-knock off Hypnotica which I loved more than I should've:

Emma really needed to bring a basic banger like 'I Need Somebody' (which was going to be my entry for the ill-fated Kalavision :bruised:).

Semi final last night and it looks like it’s going to be between these three.

Emma’s seems the most Eurovision-ready. It’s just a shame the song is so dull.

can we take a minute to appreciate Jessica Grech committing to the choreography while delivering a half-arsed low-energy Ivi Adamou performance :disco:

What a fabulously USELESS plank :D both performer AND song :D SEND THIS PLEASE! That GUTTURAL HOWL at 3.35 :disco: :hostage:
It reminds me of that useless song in a UK selection a few years back about putting down our weapons.

They couldn't even be bothered to think up an EMOTIVE YOUTUBE TITLE for her poor love :D

can we take a minute to appreciate Jessica Grech committing to the choreography while delivering a half-arsed low-energy Ivi Adamou performance :disco:

Oooh, rhyming "aphrodisiac" with "maniac", how original. Forget Ivi, this is Eleftheria through and through.

Has anybody qualified for the final yet? This show has been going for 27 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom