Mamma Mia! I Have a Dream

I gave it a go but I really couldn't stomach it so switched off after the second perf.

Please alert me if any of them get the opportunity to OVER-EMOTE to 'King Kong Song' in a future episode.
Well I did think they were going to burn through the big hits quickly if all they do is Abba covers.

Still I suppose making the girls sing (Not) Getting Married Today or Defying Gravity, or letting the prospective Skys have a bash at Bring Him Home would be a little over the top for what they are going to end up performing night after night.

The location looks pretty (not so reliable weather-wise) but a studio show would have been much better.

Totally forgot about this until I opened the forum to post in the A+ thread.

Did anyone watch Sunday? Have they binned off a Sophie and a Sky now?

Totally forgot about this until I opened the forum to post in the A+ thread.

Did anyone watch Sunday? Have they binned off a Sophie and a Sky now?

Only the Sophies performed on Sunday. One was eliminated.

The prospect of Sky week is not promising.

Just watching this now while prepping dinner. It's hard work, isn't it? I did enjoy Alan's odd wince, though.

I still can't over the fact that they are casting Sky (the eighth most important character) via a reality TV show. And then not even giving us anyone particularly HOT, if it's supposed to make it young and sexy, although that's not really ITV1 Sunday evening, is it?

I really do think a studio based BBC1 (they just do this shit better) show, casting Donna and Sophie would have been a more interesting prospect. But perhaps casting Donna was too big a risk for Craymer to take. After all, it doesn't matter much at all if Sky is a bit shit.

Last edited:
The wincing at Trustfall girl :D

Half the Skys look pretty much the same, at least with the Sophies there is some idea of who most of them are.

Craymer's very brief, not really saying anything chat with the judges, was especially awkward.

Considering that for the stage show, Sky dances far more than he sings, I'm surprised they didn't the men dancing with the Sophies this week.

That last public show is going to be hard, considering the apathy that has met this show, and I find it hard to think it's the type of show to grow an audience.

I'm guessing we'll get rid of either three or four of each before the final. That would take it right up to Christmas.

I guess they can't really bury it elsewhere in the schedules if it continues to struggle, if they are working to a big live finale. And I don't get the impression that ITV are overly blessed with alternatives, given they are still giving old movies big slots on Saturday, and are simulcasting the Big Brother evictions and final on ITV1 again.

Considering that for the stage show, Sky dances far more than he sings, I'm surprised they didn't the men dancing with the Sophies this week.

That last public show is going to be hard, considering the apathy that has met this show, and I find it hard to think it's the type of show to grow an audience.

I'm guessing we'll get rid of either three or four of each before the final. That would take it right up to Christmas.

I guess they can't really bury it elsewhere in the schedules if it continues to struggle, if they are working to a big live finale. And I don't get the impression that ITV are overly blessed with alternatives, given they are still giving old movies big slots on Saturday, and are simulcasting the Big Brother evictions and final on ITV1 again.

IACGMOOH starts again in a few weeks. Does that not usually easily top the ratings chart? :o

Bugger, I thought I was in the ratings thread. Must remember I posted that IACGMOOH figure here ina few weeks when i know I'll look for it again.

I quite like this show, but it IS a load of tat compared to the shiny floor BBC ones from 15 years ago. I think they've got a good mix with the judges though (Alan is great fun and the others give good notes), and the 'doing it at an ITV board member's villa' format works better than I'd expect. And I want approx 4-5 of the Skys up me.

I feel it would do better on Saturday nights in Jan/Feb than on Sunday nights at this time of year.

Zoe Ball as unbearable as ever. I hope this flopping will mean a lot less of her in future pls (and BBC STOP PAYING HER SO MUCH SHE'S TERRIBLE ON THAT BREAKFAST SHOW)

Judy wandering over in her Chanel shoulder pads to thirst over the bottom three boys :disco:

I agree that the judges work really well together. I quite enjoy it when Jessie gets a bit STERN

I was happy with tonight's two evictees. Both sweet but not good enough. And, yes, if you don't like musical theatre you should either pretend to, or fuck off

I love that the lovely plus-sized Sophie is also a lesbian with tattoos and a nose ring :disco: . My money's on Judy binning her off just before the public vote, but if she gets that far I will be voting for her.

Tobias or Owen are my Skies. The latter is probs a bit too much of a strong taste for the (bland, bit-part) character though.

Even Jessie can't make this happen

I may tune into the final just to see who is in the new cast

I fully expect plus-sized Sophie to go the week before the final as well. I just don't see Craymer (increasingly terrifying week by week) having it.

I don't think she's that great either. But I'm finding it quite hard to have a favourite.

We were wrong, Lolly! I was fine with both eliminees.

I'm now really enjoying this - tonight's was the best episode so far I think, with very little filler and not much Zoe Ball. The way the first pair mastered the Fosse, and the way the second pair managed a Meghan Trainor song and dance routine while keeping their dignity, means all four deserve a place in the final imo.

We were wrong, Lolly! I was fine with both eliminees.

I'm now really enjoying this - tonight's was the best episode so far I think, with very little filler and not much Zoe Ball. The way the first pair mastered the Fosse, and the way the second pair managed a Meghan Trainor song and dance routine while keeping their dignity, means all four deserve a place in the final imo.

The tighter editing and shorter running time tonight really helped. Jessie pretty much felt like head judge in Samantha's absence (DEPORTED!) and Alan had some very amusing moments.

This week's was another nice watch but fuck me whoever picked those song choices did them all DIRTY.

I think Esme is my Sophie and Owen is my Sky, with Stevie and Tobias respectively second.

The song choices continue to be completely random, and then are used as a stick to beat them with.

Definitely agree on Esme. I'd maybe go Tobias for Sky.

They should have made them sing Thank You for the Music as a farewell song every week. It felt like a bit of a nod to the ALW shows.

Anyway, the correct choices were made this week.

They should have made them sing Thank You for the Music as a farewell song every week. It felt like a bit of a nod to the ALW shows.

Anyway, the correct choices were made this week.
Can you post a spoiler, please? We won't be watching for a few days but I'd like to know now.

Without knowing the spoiler yet, I think I'd go Esme for Sophie, but only because I think Stevie deserves, and seems ready for, a better part.

For the boys I struggle to see much between them.

Stephanie and Craig OUT
Oh that's good. I still find it hard to say I'm excited for the final, but at least I feel happy that it's the right final two for both CAREER DEFINING roles

It's a great final four I think. Esme and Owen are still my faves, but I'd be happy with either. And I am making a return trip to Mamma Mia next year (by coincidence), so that's just as well.

That wedding task was bizarre, but they all managed to keep their dignity.

With so few viewers, there's every chance that the Sky and Sophie with the largest families will win the public vote next week :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom