Marina - "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land"

I rather like it on first listen. I tend to think quite a lot of things sound a bit like The Pierces, but it definitely gives me that vibe musically.

I definitely agree that the production is nicer than the last album in general.

as a little diamond who really did want her to write a feminist anthem, this hits the mark for me.

I don’t wanna live in a man’s world anymore :disco:

It’s growing on me

I like this! The only problem is at points I can’t hear what’s she’s singing.
Absolutely looking forward to this album.

Even though I know it’s impossible at the moment I’m still going to complain about how she’s not toured here yet.

Last edited:
This is clicking with me more than anything off the last album

I like it. The lyrics are a bit clunky, but it sounds quite FROOT.

It definitely sounds very Froot era, but I'm not getting too excited yet* I thought Handmade Heaven was classic Marina and then we got what we got (which was still great if not so much by her own standards)

*Relative, of course - any new Marina justifies some inner hysteria. I'm just not going to expect a classic album this time

Man’s World has become by far my favourite Marina song!
Do we know anything about a follow up yet?

She has recorded a song called Cosmos which she shared a snippet of a couple of weeks ago but no word if it will be the next single

seems like the ALBUM has a THEME...

JoinTheSisterhood_Desktop.png

purgehashtag.png

I low key love Love + Fear, it houses a few hard 10s, but if she's in a mood to "play a popstar" more overtly this time around then FINE BY ME.

Have we ever had such a racket from Marina before? CAN’T WAIT :disco:

Also her name change has royally fucked up her presence on Apple Music.

amazing title and artwork :disco: very into this aesthetic. hope she won't go too "social issue" with every track but the titles are indicating she absolutely will :D

really hopeful for this project tbh. song + video out in 7 mins

I prefer a short concise album over the bloat of the last one. Hopefully all killer no filler.

Loving the visuals. Loving what I've heard of the new single. Much excite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom