Maxi Jazz DEAD

I have never seen Faithless live, one of my true regrets, especially now. I am told they were sensational.

Oh dear, that's very sad, RIP. I had no idea he was as old as that either.

They managed to straddle the line between high octaine 90s dance and indie credibility because of Maxi.

Fun if not somewhat obvious fact, when they found him, he was a STREET POET.

I was more focused on poppier fare at their peak, but Insomnia and We Come 1 are obviously total bangers.

They managed to straddle the line between high octaine 90s dance and indie credibility because of Maxi.

Fun if not somewhat obvious fact, when they found him, he was a STREET POET.
He was the SOUL of the group. Like you say, they could tend towards cheese - he was the grit in the machine.

2022 has been a bit of a 2016 in terms of DREADFUL DEATHS.

I hope the ABBA girls are in good health.

He was also a Crystal Palace fan and on the board. Practically FAMILY!

Oh RIP :(

Seen them live, was beyond.

Many anthems but the extended version of Salva Mea is on another level. People say Insomnia created trance music - Salva Mea came first. But both are seminal

Music Matters is also an absolute gem

This is a real shock. Aside from all the Faithless classics (and they had SO MANY) I also absolutely love My Culture with 1 Giant Leap

Aww, very sad. A unique performer, he couldn’t be mistaken for anyone else. Faithless one of the few big club/dance acts who could also shift stacks of albums too.

Is there a dance track more synonymous with the genre than Insomnia? It’s just perfect.

What a massive loss and like people have said a truly unique performer.

Insomnia is up to 4 on iTunes, God Is A DJ at 20 and We Come 1 at 46.

They will feasibly climb to no.1 during the week.

A true icon of 90s dance. The moment he's best known being nearly music-free spoken words is quite incredible. Sleep well Maxi.

As soon as LadBaby FUCKS OFF they'll be no.1

Can absolutely see Insomnia getting at least a small scale chart revival. It wouldn't be the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom