Melanie C - Who I Am: My Story

she is getting so much press for this. she was also on The View, multiple high profile podcasts, she's in the UK broadsheets... let's hope it all continues to raise her profile.

She comes across incredibly well there. I'm half inclined to go for the audio book myself.

she is getting so much press for this. she was also on The View, multiple high profile podcasts, she's in the UK broadsheets... let's hope it all continues to raise her profile.

She's the least followed Spice on IG so hopefully she now makes it to a million :disco:

She comes across incredibly well there. I'm half inclined to go for the audio book myself.
I am thinking the same - you can get a free month's trial on Audible and you get to download and keep one book (or two if you are on Amazon Prime) for free, and then it's £7.99 per month with which you get to download and keep one book per month, which isn't bad really, as they can cost £20 per audiobook to buy outright. The majority of autobiographies are narrated by the author too which is a nice touch.

Yes, I've been with audible a couple of years and have 3 or 4 credits stored up where there's nothing I really want throughout the year, and then a glut of releases in the run up to Christmas.

I'm far more likely to properly read a serious book - an autobiography would just go on a pile never to come off until I chuck it in a charity bag. But an audio book of it I will often put on while I'm on the way to or from work. And hearing them narrated by the author is an added bonus.

Yes, I've been with audible a couple of years and have 3 or 4 credits stored up where there's nothing I really want throughout the year, and then a glut of releases in the run up to Christmas.

I'm far more likely to properly read a serious book - an autobiography would just go on a pile never to come off until I chuck it in a charity bag. But an audio book of it I will often put on while I'm on the way to or from work. And hearing them narrated by the author is an added bonus.

melanie narrates this one herself!

I am thinking the same - you can get a free month's trial on Audible and you get to download and keep one book (or two if you are on Amazon Prime) for free, and then it's £7.99 per month with which you get to download and keep one book per month, which isn't bad really, as they can cost £20 per audiobook to buy outright. The majority of autobiographies are narrated by the author too which is a nice touch.

I have never heard of this app, and have always just read books so thank you so much for the heads up. With Winter coming I think I will download it and listen to all the books I haven’t got around to reading whilst in the bath. I love reading a book in the bath.

I am such a novice. The last time I listened to an audio book must have been on cassette in the 80’s.

Reactions: LTZ
I love the audio book. It is amazing to have Melanie read it. It feels like she's personally telling me her story. I can't recommend it enough. I also love that she's singing the lyrics as she talks about them. :cool:

OT: To the audible addicts/ newbies here, also try BorrowBox- which is a free online library service app for audio and e-books. The selection is very limited but I’ve managed to pick up a few audiobooks for free there.

Oh and the Mel C audiobook is actually available on my BorrowBox. Sadly, it’s “reserved” until March 2023, as new titles often get booked out, but I have noted they sometimes appear a lot quicker if people don’t actually check them out (it’s like a proper library…)

omg her return to cultural relevance this year is quite something

MELANIE C: CONTEMPORARY DANCER

Spice Girl Melanie Chisholm is set to take a career swerve into contemporary dance, appearing at Sadler’s Wells theatre in London in a new collaboration with choreographer Jules Cunningham and dancer Harry Alexander. The piece, titled How Did We Get Here? will open the theatre’s spring season in January 2023.

Chisholm, AKA Melanie C, trained in ballet, tap and jazz dance in childhood, but has never danced contemporary. “Contemporary dance is a world I’ve always been fearful of,” she said on Tuesday. “I feel like I don’t understand it, it’s quite intimidating, so I’m really excited to be part of it because I think I can open it up maybe to a new demographic of people that maybe feel the same way.”

Cunningham, who danced for 10 years with the Merce Cunningham company (no relation) in New York, is known for searching, experimental work often examining identity and gender. The Liverpool-born choreographer was a huge Spice Girls fan in their teens. When Chisholm was first emailed about the project, she thought it was a joke, but she was excited and intrigued enough to meet with Cunningham. “The respect I have for Sadler’s Wells, especially growing up really aspiring to dance on a stage like this, it’s just … wow!” said Chisholm.

5502.jpg

omg her return to cultural relevance this year is quite something

MELANIE C: CONTEMPORARY DANCER

Spice Girl Melanie Chisholm is set to take a career swerve into contemporary dance, appearing at Sadler’s Wells theatre in London in a new collaboration with choreographer Jules Cunningham and dancer Harry Alexander. The piece, titled How Did We Get Here? will open the theatre’s spring season in January 2023.

Chisholm, AKA Melanie C, trained in ballet, tap and jazz dance in childhood, but has never danced contemporary. “Contemporary dance is a world I’ve always been fearful of,” she said on Tuesday. “I feel like I don’t understand it, it’s quite intimidating, so I’m really excited to be part of it because I think I can open it up maybe to a new demographic of people that maybe feel the same way.”

Cunningham, who danced for 10 years with the Merce Cunningham company (no relation) in New York, is known for searching, experimental work often examining identity and gender. The Liverpool-born choreographer was a huge Spice Girls fan in their teens. When Chisholm was first emailed about the project, she thought it was a joke, but she was excited and intrigued enough to meet with Cunningham. “The respect I have for Sadler’s Wells, especially growing up really aspiring to dance on a stage like this, it’s just … wow!” said Chisholm.

5502.jpg

I love that Melanie consistently challenges herself in new ways. She is truly a talent and committed to any craft she applies herself to. Massively inspirational.

The bundle includes:

1 x signed copy of WHO I AM, My Story
1 x Lego Spice Girls set
1 x Melanie C Deluxe Boxset Album
1 x Melanie C Official merch T-Shirt
1 x Melanie C Official merch Beanie

Good luck everyone! ^_^

There's some serious whataboutery in those comments

I listened to the audiobook and I really enjoyed it. She narrates it beautifully. Some interesting details in there, nothing groundbreaking but nice to hear it all from her perspective.

She's been very troubled, I'm glad she's in a better place now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom